Digital TV News: Magine
SonyLIV and TCS enter into strategic partnership
Jul 7, 2021 – Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) has entered into a strategic partnership with SonyLIV. SonyLIV will work with TCS teams in India, US and UK to enhance the user experience of SonyLIV.
News categories: Tata Consultancy Services, SonyLIV, Ujjwal Mathur, Danish Khan, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
VIZIO upgrades SmartCast TV platform with VIZIO Voice
Jun 4, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has shared details on an update to its SmartCast Smart TV platform. New models of SmartCast TVs will include a new push-to-talk Voice Remote with VIZIO Voice, helping to navigate apps and channels.
News categories: VIZIO, Chris Vinckier, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Amazon to acquire MGM
May 26, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has agreed to acquire MGM for $8.45 billion. Amazon will help preserve MGM’s heritage and catalog of films, and provide customers with greater access to these existing works.
News categories: Amazon, MGM, Mike Hopkins, Kevin Ulrich, Digital TV, MandA, OTT
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes Key Trends 2020/2021 report
May 20, 2021 – Key Trends 2020/2021 is the Observatory’s yearly digest of what's hot in European media: TV, film and VOD. This edition outlines the big picture of the European audiovisual sector with a round-up of the key data from Observatory research.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
Mar 4, 2021 – The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will be the first vehicles in the automotive industry to integrate Amazon Fire TV for Auto, giving passengers access to their favorite shows, movies, apps, unique vehicle features and Alexa.
News categories: Stellantis, Amazon, Christian Meunier, Sandeep Gupta, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, USA
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Antix Digital acquires streaming and compression portfolio from Imagine Communications
Feb 1, 2021 – Antix Digital has acquired Imagine Communications' live streaming and compression portfolio. The new company will develop the products further while taking over service and support for existing customers.
News categories: Antix Digital, Imagine Communications, Tony Huang, Steve Reynolds, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
StarHub to distribute Disney+ in Singapore
Jan 7, 2021 – StarHub has announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore via StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband offerings.
News categories: StarHub, Disney, Johan Buse, Amit Malhotra, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Singapore
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership