Digital TV News: MagtiCom
MagtiCom takes over Caucasus Online IPTV in Georgia
Aug 1, 2016 – MagtiCom has announced that, having acquired the assets, it is now providing its customers with the cable internet, internet television, fixed telephony and hosting services that were provided by Caucasus Online.
News categories: MagtiCom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, MandA
100,000 subscribers for Georgia's MagtiSat
Jan 22, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and MagtiCom have announced that after 2 years of operating MagtiSat, the first domestic DTH platform in Georgia, the company already has more than 100,000 subscribers.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A, Irakli Lobzhanidze, Håkan Sjödin, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite, Subscribers
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat - First DTH TV platform in Georgia starts via ASTRA
Jan 17, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) and MagtiCom have announced the launch of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform, via ASTRA. The pay-TV offer will be available beginning January 23, 2012.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A., Digital TV, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiCom Uses SES Capacity to Launch First Domestic Pay TV Operations in Georgia
Sep 8, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed an agreement with MagtiCom for several transponders at its 31.5° East orbital position. MagtiCom will use the capacity to launch Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) television platform.
News categories: SES S.A., MagtiCom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Magticom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Nov 11, 2009 – Georgian mobile operator Magticom has announced that the IPTV service that it plans to launch in the country is to be called Magti TV.
News categories: Magticom, Georgia, IPTV
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E