Digital TV News: Magticom
MagtiCom takes over Caucasus Online IPTV in Georgia
Aug 1, 2016 – MagtiCom has announced that, having acquired the assets, it is now providing its customers with the cable internet, internet television, fixed telephony and hosting services that were provided by Caucasus Online.
News categories: MagtiCom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, MandA
100,000 subscribers for Georgia's MagtiSat
Jan 22, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and MagtiCom have announced that after 2 years of operating MagtiSat, the first domestic DTH platform in Georgia, the company already has more than 100,000 subscribers.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A, Irakli Lobzhanidze, Håkan Sjödin, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite, Subscribers
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat - First DTH TV platform in Georgia starts via ASTRA
Jan 17, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) and MagtiCom have announced the launch of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform, via ASTRA. The pay-TV offer will be available beginning January 23, 2012.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A., Digital TV, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiCom Uses SES Capacity to Launch First Domestic Pay TV Operations in Georgia
Sep 8, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed an agreement with MagtiCom for several transponders at its 31.5° East orbital position. MagtiCom will use the capacity to launch Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) television platform.
News categories: SES S.A., MagtiCom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Magticom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Nov 11, 2009 – Georgian mobile operator Magticom has announced that the IPTV service that it plans to launch in the country is to be called Magti TV.
News categories: Magticom, Georgia, IPTV
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform