Digital TV News: Magticom
MagtiCom takes over Caucasus Online IPTV in Georgia
Aug 1, 2016 – MagtiCom has announced that, having acquired the assets, it is now providing its customers with the cable internet, internet television, fixed telephony and hosting services that were provided by Caucasus Online.
News categories: MagtiCom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, MandA
100,000 subscribers for Georgia's MagtiSat
Jan 22, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and MagtiCom have announced that after 2 years of operating MagtiSat, the first domestic DTH platform in Georgia, the company already has more than 100,000 subscribers.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A, Irakli Lobzhanidze, Håkan Sjödin, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite, Subscribers
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat - First DTH TV platform in Georgia starts via ASTRA
Jan 17, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) and MagtiCom have announced the launch of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform, via ASTRA. The pay-TV offer will be available beginning January 23, 2012.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A., Digital TV, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiCom Uses SES Capacity to Launch First Domestic Pay TV Operations in Georgia
Sep 8, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed an agreement with MagtiCom for several transponders at its 31.5° East orbital position. MagtiCom will use the capacity to launch Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) television platform.
News categories: SES S.A., MagtiCom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Magticom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Nov 11, 2009 – Georgian mobile operator Magticom has announced that the IPTV service that it plans to launch in the country is to be called Magti TV.
News categories: Magticom, Georgia, IPTV
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution