Digital TV News: Marcien Jenckes
Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
Jun 19, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced plans to expand measurement to OTT and STB VOD inventory. The efforts are intended to allow advertisers to take advantage of additional impressions and expanding overall TV ecosystem market liquidity.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen gets access to Comcast's set-top box viewing data
Nov 9, 2017 – Nielsen has announced an agreement to use Comcast's (Nasdaq: CMCSA) set-top box data in its local television measurement service. Comcast becomes the fourth major cable or satellite provider whose TV viewing data is being integrated with Nielsen's panel data.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast announces blockchain-based advertising platform
Jun 20, 2017 – Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group, a division of Comcast Cable that combines the capabilities of Strata, FreeWheel, and Visible World, has announced the 'Blockchain Insights Platform' - aimed at improving the efficiency of premium video advertising.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comcast unveils plans to roll out Xfinity prepaid services
Jul 21, 2016 – Comcast has announced plans to roll out Xfinity Prepaid Services, a pay-as-you-go offering that lets people sign-up for TV or Internet service and 'refill' their subscription any time they would like, for either seven or 30 days.
News categories: Comcast, Boost Mobile, Marcien Jenckes, Jim Hyde, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Comcast Begins National Launch of X1 Cloud Enabled TV Platform
May 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it will launch its next-generation television experience, Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform, and a new X1 remote control app in the coming weeks.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast Launches Streaming Video Service: Xfinity Streampix™
Feb 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced the launch of Xfinity Streampix™, a subscription video service that enables Xfinity video customers to view favorite movies and TV shows in and out of the home, on multiple screens and devices.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, Tablet
TiVo and Comcast Team Up to Offer First Retail Cable DVR That Delivers Linear TV, Broadband Content and Xfinity On Demand From One Box
May 9, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they have entered into an agreement to enable access to Comcast's robust library of Xfinity TV On Demand content on TiVo Premiere set-top boxes sold at retail.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud