Digital TV News: Marcien Jenckes
Comcast unveils plans to roll out Xfinity prepaid services
Jul 21, 2016 – Comcast has announced plans to roll out Xfinity Prepaid Services, a pay-as-you-go offering that lets people sign-up for TV or Internet service and 'refill' their subscription any time they would like, for either seven or 30 days.
News categories: Comcast, Boost Mobile, Marcien Jenckes, Jim Hyde, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
Comcast Begins National Launch of X1 Cloud Enabled TV Platform
May 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it will launch its next-generation television experience, Xfinity TV on the X1 Platform, and a new X1 remote control app in the coming weeks.
News categories: Comcast, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast Launches Streaming Video Service: Xfinity Streampix™
Feb 21, 2012 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced the launch of Xfinity Streampix™, a subscription video service that enables Xfinity video customers to view favorite movies and TV shows in and out of the home, on multiple screens and devices.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Tablet
TiVo and Comcast Team Up to Offer First Retail Cable DVR That Delivers Linear TV, Broadband Content and Xfinity On Demand From One Box
May 9, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they have entered into an agreement to enable access to Comcast's robust library of Xfinity TV On Demand content on TiVo Premiere set-top boxes sold at retail.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free