Digital TV News: Martin Halliwell
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
Feb 25, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with SpaceX to launch two new satellites in 2017. SES-14 will bring additional capacity to serve growing Direct-to-Home and Direct-to-Cable video neighbourhoods in the Americas. SES-16/GovSat is for government-specific missions.
News categories: SES S.A, SpaceX, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 5B goes live at 31.5°E
Jun 2, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite has gone live at the orbital position of 31.5° East over Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Europe, Russia, Satellite
SES ASTRA Orders New Satellite From Astrium
Jul 15, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has awarded the construction of a new satellite, ASTRA 1N, to Astrium. The spacecraft is scheduled for launch in 2011 and will be positioned at ASTRA's prime orbital position 19.2°E.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Astrium, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data