Digital TV News: Martin Halliwell
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
Feb 25, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with SpaceX to launch two new satellites in 2017. SES-14 will bring additional capacity to serve growing Direct-to-Home and Direct-to-Cable video neighbourhoods in the Americas. SES-16/GovSat is for government-specific missions.
News categories: SES S.A, SpaceX, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 5B goes live at 31.5°E
Jun 2, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite has gone live at the orbital position of 31.5° East over Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Europe, Russia, Satellite
SES ASTRA Orders New Satellite From Astrium
Jul 15, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has awarded the construction of a new satellite, ASTRA 1N, to Astrium. The spacecraft is scheduled for launch in 2011 and will be positioned at ASTRA's prime orbital position 19.2°E.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Astrium, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community