Digital TV News: Martin Kaufmann
Broadcom announces next generation Cisco Security Certification for 4 HEVC Ultra HD SoCs
Sep 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has received Cisco security certification on four of its set-top box HEVC 4K/Ultra HD SoCs. Broadcom is the first chip maker to achieve the latest generation Cisco VideoGuard security certification for pay TV.
News categories: Broadcom, Cisco Systems, Martin Kaufmann, Dan Marotta, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics and NDS Announce Certification of New Security Technologies in Latest Generation Set-Top Box Chips
Dec 7, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the availability of set-top box decoder chips certified for next-generation security and content protection technologies that include the NDS VideoGuard Security Kernel and DVB-CSA3 descrambler system.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
STMicroelectronics Announces Support for New Security Technologies in Latest Generation Set-Top Box Chips
Jan 19, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that it is the first to sample STB decoder chips providing support for next-generation security technologies that include the NDS VideoGuard Security Kernel and DVB-CSA3 descrambler system.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, NDS Group, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion