Digital TV News: Matt Bond
Peacock to be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs at launch
Jun 24, 2020 – Peacock will be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs when it launches on July 15. Peacock will offer a free tier, plus a Peacock Premium service at $4.99 per month - upgradable to ad-free for an extra $5 per month.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, VIZIO, LG, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Peacock to be available on Xbox One at launch
May 7, 2020 – Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service, has announced that it will be available on Microsoft's Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X, when it launches in the U.S. on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Xbox, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, www.nbcuniversal.com/, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast Makes On Demand Online Video Entertainment Available Nationally
Dec 15, 2009 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it has made its On Demand Online experience available nationally. Comcast customers will have access to titles from the cable channels in their subscription packages at no additional cost.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution