Digital TV News: Matt Bond
Peacock to be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs at launch
Jun 24, 2020 – Peacock will be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs when it launches on July 15. Peacock will offer a free tier, plus a Peacock Premium service at $4.99 per month - upgradable to ad-free for an extra $5 per month.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, VIZIO, LG, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Peacock to be available on Xbox One at launch
May 7, 2020 – Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service, has announced that it will be available on Microsoft's Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X, when it launches in the U.S. on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Xbox, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, www.nbcuniversal.com/, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
Jan 14, 2019 – NBCUniversal has announced the planned launch of a new streaming service providing consumers access to premium content for free, with valuable partnership opportunities for advertisers and distributors.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Bonnie Hammer, Steve Burke, Maggie Suniewick, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, USA
Hulu signs up NBCUniversal for its upcoming live TV streaming service
May 1, 2017 – Hulu and NBCUniversal have reached a distribution agreement that will bring NBC and Telemundo Owned Television Stations and portfolio of cable networks to Hulu’s upcoming new live TV streaming service.
News categories: Hulu, NBCUniversal, Mike Hopkins, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast Makes On Demand Online Video Entertainment Available Nationally
Dec 15, 2009 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that it has made its On Demand Online experience available nationally. Comcast customers will have access to titles from the cable channels in their subscription packages at no additional cost.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand