Digital TV News: Matt McRae
VIZIO SmartCast TV adds Amazon Video
Aug 7, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the addition of Amazon Video to its VIZIO SmartCast TV platform. SmartCast TV users can now conveniently access content from Amazon Video, along with other favorite apps, right on the big screen with just a tap of the remote.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO SmartCast TV brings apps to the big screen
Aug 2, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the rollout of VIZIO SmartCast TV to select models. SmartCast TV is a way for viewers to access content from apps with just a tap of the remote. An intuitive home screen greets viewers with content recommendations.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO and Sony Visual Products adopt Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced partnerships with VIZIO and Sony Visual Products to drive the adoption of Dolby AC-4 in televisions for next-generation broadcast systems and streaming internet content. Dolby AC-4 is targeted for availability in TVs starting in 2017.
News categories: Dolby, VIZIO, Sony Visual Products, Giles Baker, Matt McRae, Toshi Suzuki, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
Sep 24, 2014 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that its all 4K UltraFlix Network has been selected by VIZIO for inclusion on its new P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV collection.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, VIZIO, Aaron Taylor, Matt McRae, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
VIZIO Introduces the Co-Star™ LT Stream Player
Oct 16, 2013 – VIZIO has announced the launch of Co-Star LT, a stream player that allows consumers to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one TV-watching experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
VIZIO Launches VIZIO Co-Star™ With Google TV Stream Player
Jun 26, 2012 – VIZIO has announced the launch of its VIZIO Co-Star™ Stream Player. Using the latest version of Google TV™, the VIZIO Co-Star makes it easy to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one intuitive and easy experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Google TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
VIZIO incorporates Sigma Designs connected TV chipset in Cinemawide® HDTVs
Jun 25, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its chipset has been selected by VIZIO for its ultra wide Cinemawide® HDTVs. The VIZIO Cinemawide HDTV brings panoramic 21:9 aspect ratio to the U.S. for the first time, in 2560 x 1080 resolution.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VIZIO, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks