Digital TV News: Matt McRae
VIZIO SmartCast TV adds Amazon Video
Aug 7, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the addition of Amazon Video to its VIZIO SmartCast TV platform. SmartCast TV users can now conveniently access content from Amazon Video, along with other favorite apps, right on the big screen with just a tap of the remote.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO SmartCast TV brings apps to the big screen
Aug 2, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the rollout of VIZIO SmartCast TV to select models. SmartCast TV is a way for viewers to access content from apps with just a tap of the remote. An intuitive home screen greets viewers with content recommendations.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO and Sony Visual Products adopt Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced partnerships with VIZIO and Sony Visual Products to drive the adoption of Dolby AC-4 in televisions for next-generation broadcast systems and streaming internet content. Dolby AC-4 is targeted for availability in TVs starting in 2017.
News categories: Dolby, VIZIO, Sony Visual Products, Giles Baker, Matt McRae, Toshi Suzuki, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
Sep 24, 2014 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that its all 4K UltraFlix Network has been selected by VIZIO for inclusion on its new P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV collection.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, VIZIO, Aaron Taylor, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO Introduces the Co-Star™ LT Stream Player
Oct 16, 2013 – VIZIO has announced the launch of Co-Star LT, a stream player that allows consumers to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one TV-watching experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
VIZIO Launches VIZIO Co-Star™ With Google TV Stream Player
Jun 26, 2012 – VIZIO has announced the launch of its VIZIO Co-Star™ Stream Player. Using the latest version of Google TV™, the VIZIO Co-Star makes it easy to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one intuitive and easy experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Google TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
VIZIO incorporates Sigma Designs connected TV chipset in Cinemawide® HDTVs
Jun 25, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its chipset has been selected by VIZIO for its ultra wide Cinemawide® HDTVs. The VIZIO Cinemawide HDTV brings panoramic 21:9 aspect ratio to the U.S. for the first time, in 2560 x 1080 resolution.
News categories: Sigma Designs, VIZIO, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India