Digital TV News: Matt Milne
Rovi Unveils Program to Drive HEVC Rollout
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has unveiled its HEVC Development Program to enable companies participating in the digital video value chain to take advantage of the latest compression technology to reduce storage and bandwidth costs and deliver an optimized viewing experience.
News categories: Rovi Corp, CES2023, Content Distribution, Media Player
GlobalSat, Entropic Communications, and Rovi Team to Deliver Multimedia Packed Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 8, 2012 – GlobalSat has announced that it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Rovi Enters DivX Plus Streaming Licensing Agreement With Hisense
Aug 31, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) and Hisense (600060.SH) have announced that they are collaborating to integrate DivX Plus Streaming™ into a new range of Hisense Smart TVs. Rovi will be demonstrating DivX Plus Streaming at IFA 2012.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Hisense, Digital TV, IFA, Licensing, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming
DivX® Plus Streaming to be integrated with Panasonic Uniphier SoCs
Jul 19, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced its DivX® Plus Streaming technology will be integrated with the 'UniPhier' series of digital television and Blu-ray Disc ICs from Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752).
News categories: Rovi Corp, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
MStar to Become First TV Solution Provider to Adopt DivX Plus Streaming
Jun 6, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced plans for its DivX® Plus Streaming technology to be integrated into MStar System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for Smart Digital TVs (DTVs). Rovi will demonstrate DivX Plus Streaming at COMPUTEX.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Rovi and Sagemcom Launch the First DivX Plus HD Certified STB for Europe
Mar 20, 2012 – Sagemcom and Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) have announced that the Sagemcom BPRSI88-250 HD TNTSAT set-top box (STB) has integrated DivX Plus® HD, the premium level of DivX certification. The DivX Certified® STB is currently available in France.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sagemcom, Blu-ray, DVR, France, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Rovi Signs With Freescale for First DivX Plus Streaming Mobile Agreement
Feb 28, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced its DivX Plus Streaming™ technology will be integrated into the latest Freescale i.MX 6 series ARM®-based processors for tablets and other smart mobile devices.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Freescale, Media Player, MWC22, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet
Rovi Showcases Enabling Technologies at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) will be demonstrating its latest solutions designed to enable mobile device manufacturers, operators, retailers and content owners to dramatically enhance the mobile discovery, delivery, and enjoyment of digital entertainment.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Media Player, Middleware, MWC22, Streaming
Rovi TotalGuide Debuts on Toshiba's Latest Smart TV Models for North America
Jan 10, 2012 – At CES, Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) and Toshiba (Tokyo:6502) will demonstrate how Rovi TotalGuide is helping Toshiba bring search and discovery to its new line of L7200 Cinema Series and L6200 Series LED 3D premium Smart TVs, for the U.S. market.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Toshiba, CES2023, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated