Digital TV News: Maurice van Riek
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
NexGuard partners with Ericsson to launch Network ID watermarking
Sep 5, 2017 – NexGuard has announced its Network ID product, launched as a technology partnership with Ericsson, at IBC 2017. NexGuard’s Network ID solution inserts a unique invisible and robust forensic watermark in primary distribution feeds for linear TV, be it satellite or fiber.
News categories: NexGuard, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Watermarking, Worldwide
MStar announces support for Nagra's TVkey
Jan 4, 2017 – NAGRA and MStar Semiconductor have announced MStar’s plan to adopt the TVkey direct-to-TV security technology in its EMC SoCs for 4K Ultra HD HDR televisions, pending finalization of the new TVkey licensing body.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung to license TVkey technology to third parties
Jan 3, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that they will create a corporate body to license their TVkey technology to industry stakeholders. The body will enable open market access to the solution by licensing TVkey technology to third-party chipset, TV, dongle and conditional access (CAS) vendors.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, JongHee Han, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, Licensing, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar STB and TV SoCs integrate NAGRA NOCS3 security
Sep 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the completion of integration of NAGRA’s NOCS3 hardware security technologies directly into MStar’s System-On-Chips (SoCs) for connected STBs and Connected TVs.
News categories: MStar Semi, NAGRA, Wayne Tsai, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung announces NAGRA-based USB CA dongle for Smart TVs
Aug 26, 2016 – Samsung has announced a security solution for consumers to access pay-TV services directly on their TVs. The USB dongle, TVkey, ensures content protection without a set-top box or second remote. The technology was developed in collaboration with NAGRA.
News categories: Samsung, NAGRA, Jong-hee Han, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
NAGRA secures new NOS 4K set-top box
Jun 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and NOS have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD RDK-enabled set-top box offering secured by NAGRA anyCAST CONNECT, NAGRA’s converged CAS/DRM content security solution.
News categories: NAGRA, NOS, Maurice van Riek, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box
EchoStar And NAGRA ship anyCAST COMMAND security for 4K Ultra HD STBs
Sep 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has shipped NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND to EchoStar for production of 4K-capable set-top boxes for the companies’ joint clients. anyCAST COMMAND concentrates both decryption and descrambling into a single, secure NAGRA device.
News categories: NAGRA, EchoStar, Maurice van Riek, Mark Jackson, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Nagra to show Netflix integration at IBC
Sep 7, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced completion of the first steps toward enabling pay-TV service providers to deploy Netflix using the NAGRA anyCAST CONNECT client and NAGRA OpenTV 5 connectware. The integration of Netflix will be demonstrated at IBC.
News categories: NAGRA, Netflix, Holger Ippach, Maurice van Riek, Scott Mirer, DRM, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029