Digital TV News: Media Excel
Media Excel and Vidmind partner to provide Cloud TV service
Mar 19, 2013 – Vidmind has announced a partnership with Media Excel. The joint transcoding management component, Vidmind SnowCannon, is in field trials by a number of operators. The fully managed Cloud TV service includes live HD-TV, VoD, catch up TV, social features and a TV app market.
News categories: Vidmind, Media Excel, Content Distribution, Middleware, Streaming, Video Exchange
EBU Initiates First Large Scale MPEG-DASH Trial For London Olympics
Jul 31, 2012 – The commercial deployment of the MPEG-DASH standard is one step closer with the first live public trial. The DASH Promoters Group is facilitating live MPEG-DASH streaming of the 2012 London Olympics to demonstrate the benefits of the standard.
News categories: Belgium, Digital TV, Streaming
ViXS Systems Showcases Media Excellence at CCBN 2012
Mar 20, 2012 – ViXS has announced that at CCBN it will be demonstrating media processing, transcoding technologies, broadcast/infrastructure solutions, n-screen/Multi-screen products, STBs, CA/DRM, Blu-Ray/Media Hubs, Smart XCode™ streaming and MoCA devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Blu-ray, CCBN, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Media Excel and Verimatrix Help Accelerate and Secure Premium OTT Service Delivery
Apr 13, 2011 – Media Excel and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that enables digital TV service operators to securely deploy the highest quality video over any IP network to multiple screens - TVs, PCs, mobile devices and beyond.
News categories: Verimatrix, Media Excel, Content Distribution, Content Protection, NABShow, Streaming
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin