Digital TV News: MediaKind
CCNP and MediaKind enable HD DTT distribution in Colombia
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that CCNP (Consorcio Canales Nacionales Privados) has chosen MediaKind’s Aquila direct to consumer solution to provide Live Encoding on CCNP’s national feed for digital distribution services to consumers across Colombia.
News categories: MediaKind, Clayton Cruz, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial
MediaKind harnesses Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that by harnessing Inspur Digital Media’s cloud-based virtualized servers and software running on Inspur Digital Media Openstack cloud, the companies are now able to provide an end-to-end solution to TV service providers in APAC.
News categories: MediaKind, Inspur, Sven Bolthausen, Cui Wei, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
MediaKind launches next generation primary distribution security
Apr 9, 2019 – MediaKind has launched Cygnus Director 128, a control and CA management software product. Cygnus Director 128 enables broadcasters and content owners to secure and manage the primary distribution of their content to secondary broadcast operators.
News categories: MediaKind, Gowton Achaibar, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Oi Brazil chooses MediaKind's multiscreen entertainment solution
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Oi Brazil has chosen MediaKind’s multiscreen entertainment solution. The implementation combines MediaKind’s Mediaroom TV Platform, Video Storage and Processing Platform, Live Encoding to Oi Play and associated Professional Services.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi Brazil, Clayton Cruz, Luciano Rebouças Oliveira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, OTT, UX
MediaKind personalizes the user experience with Google Cloud
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has partnered with Google Cloud to enable MediaKind’s entire portfolio of solutions to operate on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). MediaKind customers can now use Google Cloud to deliver a heightened level of personalized user experience.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Magyar Telekom to deploy MediaKind’s cloud-based TV platform
Apr 4, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Deutsche Telekom (DT) has chosen to extend its partnership with MediaKind via the deployment of a multi-tenant next generation cloud TV platform. The first DT subsidiary to operate the new platform will be Magyar Telekom in Hungary.
News categories: MediaKind, Magyar Telekom, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Vodafone Qatar selects MediaKind's MediaFirst cloud-based multiscreen TV platform
Apr 3, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has been selected by Vodafone Qatar to deliver its MediaFirst cloud-based multiscreen TV platform service. The deployment will enable Vodafone Qatar to launch new content over existing IPTV or OTT devices.
News categories: MediaKind, Vodafone, Damien Montessuit, Diego Camberos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Qatar
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
Mar 18, 2019 – At NAB Show 2019, MediaKind will show its Universe portfolio. MediaKind Universe enables content owners and originators, broadcasters and pay TV operators to deliver experiences that meet a variety of consumer demands and drive experience innovation.
News categories: MediaKind, Angel Ruiz, Advertising, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5