Digital TV News: MediaWorks
Freeview NZ on demand platform available via OTT STB
Jun 5, 2019 – Freeview New Zealand's On Demand platform is now available on the recently released Freeview streaming device (DISH TV SmartVU X). SmartVU X is a tiny gadget that connects to almost any TV and streams Freeview Live TV over the internet.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Liberty Global selects Cadent's addressable TV ad platform
Dec 4, 2018 – Cadent's addressable TV advertising platform has been selected by Liberty Global. The platform will enable Liberty Global to deliver different targeted ads to households during the same program on behalf of broadcasters and content providers.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Nick Troiano, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Freeview NZ rolls out new On Demand experience
Jul 4, 2018 – Freeview New Zealand has commenced roll-out of a new On Demand TV Platform to replace the existing FreeviewPlus service. The new Freeview On Demand provides a more seamless experience and easier access to shows and movies.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, New Zealand, UX
Comviva adds Sacom's MENA content to its Mooditt Digital Store
Jan 22, 2018 – Mahindra Comviva has announced that it has entered into a partnership with Sacom Mediaworks, a content aggregator in Middle East & Africa. The tie-up will provide Mooditt Digital Store, Comviva’s digital marketplace for content, with a broader range of VOD content.
News categories: Comviva, Sacom Mediaworks, Atul Madan, Dinesh Gupta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East
Cross MediaWorks and 605 standardize campaign measurement and advanced analytics
Jan 18, 2018 – Cross MediaWorks and 605 have announced that they have partnered to provide a measurement standard to help scale the addressable TV marketplace. The solution will also enable verification of performance for impressions-based TV campaigns.
News categories: Cross MediaWorks, 605, Nick Troiano, Ben Tatta, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Cross MediaWorks Launches one2one Media
Apr 3, 2017 – Cross MediaWorks has announced that it has launched one2one Media. This new company will provide a neutral and scalable addressable video business for agencies and advertisers, in partnership with MVPDs.
News categories: one2one Media, Cross MediaWorks, Lee Equity Partners, Michael Bologna, Jamie Power, Nick Troiano, Barry Baker, Advertising, Private Equity, USA
Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business
Jul 18, 2016 – Opera and Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I have entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire certain parts of Opera's consumer business. Opera Mediaworks, Opera Apps & Games and Opera TV are not included in the transaction.
News categories: Opera Software, Golden Brick, MandA, Middleware, Worldwide
Opera TV provides end-to-end OTT app generator for broadcasters
Jul 14, 2016 – Opera TV has announced the launch of the latest update to its TV app technology, Opera TV Snap 3.0. The latest version brings a complete end-to-end over-the-top (OTT) app generator for broadcasters, content providers, and video on demand (VOD) services.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Freeview NZ extends FreeviewPlus to satellite
Apr 21, 2016 – Freeview New Zealand rolls out FreeviewPlus on their satellite platform. Available since July 2015 to those living in Freeview|HD coverage areas, and requiring a UHF aerial, FreeviewPlus can now also be accessed via satellite dish.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK