Digital TV News: Mediacorp
CNA app available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Mar 30, 2022 – Vewd has announced that CNA is now available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs worldwide. CNA is a 24-hour English-language news TV channel based in Singapore and available in 29 territories across Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.
News categories: Vewd, CNA, Amanda Oleson, Woon Chuk Chan, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Mediacorp selects Skyline Communications to monitor its DVB-T2 network
Jun 22, 2018 – Skyline Communications has announced that it has deployed its DataMiner platform at Mediacorp, Singapore’s largest broadcaster and transmission network operator. The setup comprises more than 1,500 transmission and network elements, spread across more than 100 different locations.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Mediacorp, Ben Vandenberghe, Jonathan Triboulet, QoE, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore to provide DTV Starter Kits to HDB households without Pay TV
Apr 6, 2018 – The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will offer a DTV Starter Kit to all Singaporean HDB households which do not subscribe to Pay-TV, to allow them to continue to enjoy local free-to-air TV after analogue switch-off on December 31, 2018.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore moves analogue switch-off to January 1, 2019
Nov 6, 2017 – The cessation of analogue TV broadcasting in Singapore has been shifted from end-2017 to 31 December 2018 to allow more time for households to switch over to DTV. In addition, IMDA is studying enhancements to its DTV Assistance Scheme (DTVAS).
News categories: IMDA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Singapore, Terrestrial
ABS and Sarana Media Vision to launch FreeViewSat DTH in Indonesia
Nov 8, 2016 – ABS has announced that it will partner with PT Sarana Media Vision (SMV), using SMV’s DTH license to launch a consumer FreeView satellite service – FreeViewSat – across Indonesia in January 2017.
News categories: ABS, FreeViewSat, Tom Choi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Toggle Red Button HbbTV trial begins in Singapore
May 31, 2016 – Toggle has launched a new service, Toggle Red Button. The service is based on a hybrid technology known as Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV). Mediacorp, the company that runs Toggle, is the first in Asia to deploy HbbTV technology.
News categories: Mediacorp, Sofia Digital, Anil Nihalani, Digital TV, HbbTV, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Sep 29, 2014 – The Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore has launched a Digital TV Assistance Scheme for low-income households. The package includes a free digital TV set-top box, an indoor antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, Koh Lin-Net, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
Singapore appoints M1 to roll out Digital TV Assistance Scheme
Jul 4, 2014 – Singapore's Media Development Authority (MDA) has appointed M1 to manage the roll-out of its Digital TV Assistance Scheme. Eligible households will receive a free DVB-T2 set-top box, antenna and installation.
News categories: Media Development Authority, M1 Limited, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial
MediaCorp Selects Tvinci to Power OTT Service in Singapore
Jan 29, 2013 – Tvinci has been selected by Singapore's MediaCorp to power its new cross-device lifestyle service, Toggle. Toggle will be available on PC, iPhone, iPad and connected TV, available to consumers as a subscription service or pay-per-view.
News categories: Tvinci, MediaCorp, Digital TV, Singapore, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December