Digital TV News: Michel Azibert
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
Eutelsat hits new milestone of 6,000 TV channels
Feb 17, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has crossed the threshold of 6,000 channels broadcasting via its fleet. The record reflects three key trends: strong channel growth in fast growing markets; continued deployment of pay-TV platforms; and a diversified offer of Free-to-Air channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Zimbabwe chooses Eutelsat to accelerate transition to digital TV
Nov 17, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that it has sealed a contract with the Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe (BAZ) for Ku-band capacity on EUTELSAT 3B. The capacity will be used to deliver channels to a nationwide network of 48 DTT transmitters.
News categories: Eutelsat, Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe, Michel Azibert, Obert Muganyura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, Zimbabwe
Eutelsat selected for EG SAT DTH in Equatorial Guinea
Sep 14, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced a multiyear contract with United Business Machines EG (UBM) in Equatorial Guinea. The contract covers lease of capacity on EUTELSAT 16A to broadcast the new EG SAT pay-TV service.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Enrique Ngua Obiang Shaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, IBC2022, Satellite
EUTELSAT 8 West B successfully launched
Aug 21, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite has been successfully launched into orbit by an Ariane 5 rocket. EUTELSAT 8 West B will enter full commercial service in early October.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Strong to launch French and Arabic pay TV for Sub-Saharan Africa
Mar 30, 2015 – Strong Media SAL-Off-Shore (SMO) has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) to lease capacity on EUTELSAT 16A to deploy a range of English, French and Arabic-speaking television services over Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Strong Media, Eutelsat, Samer Mourad, Michel Azibert, Africa, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Satellite, Set Top Box
AzamTV adds capacity on EUTELSAT 7B
Mar 10, 2015 – Azam Media is ramping up satellite capacity through a new transponder leased on EUTELSAT 7B. Complementing capacity used on the co-positioned EUTELSAT 7A satellite, it will host new services for the rapidly growing AzamTV pay-TV platform.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Azam, Michel Azibert, Rhys Torrington, Burundi, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, South Sudan, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Eutelsat to support Kyrgyz Republic's transition to DTT
Jan 27, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with RPO RMTR, the public broadcaster of the Kyrgyz Republic, that will accelerate the country’s switch to a fully digital broadcasting environment.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Bakit Sharshembiev, Content Distribution, CSTB, Digital TV, Kyrgyzstan, Satellite, Terrestrial
Eutelsat satellites broadcasting TV into 274 million homes in Europe, North Africa, Middle East
Jan 9, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has revealed that in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, 274 million homes are now either equipped for DTH reception or connected to a cable or IP network offering channels broadcast by a Eutelsat satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data