Digital TV News: Microsoft
Limelight to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast
Mar 7, 2022 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Yahoo's Edgecast, a provider of edge security, content delivery and video services, in an all-stock transaction.
News categories: Limelight Networks, Edgecast, Bob Lyons, Jim Lanzone, Reed Rayman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Telefónica to expand Microsoft collaboration to the consumer market
Feb 28, 2022 – Telefónica has announced the expansion of its partnership with Microsoft to include initiatives in the consumer market. The initiatives contemplate the development and commercialization of new proposals and solutions for the home.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
MwareTV integrates Irdeto DRM for MultTV in Brazil
Feb 22, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto Control DRM solution has been integrated into MwareTV's IPTV/OTT distribution platform. The first implementation of Irdeto with MwareTV will be rolled out at shared services provider MultTV in Brazil.
News categories: MwareTV, Irdeto, MultTV, Sander Kerstens, Doug Lowther, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV
Viaccess-Orca powers Android TV offering at Orange Slovensko
Feb 21, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Slovensko has launched an Android TV offering with VO's DRM solutions. VO provides Orange Slovensko with solutions for content protection and multi-DRM management on its Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange Slovensko, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Martin Lednár, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Irdeto and TASS introduce multi-DRM solution including China DRM
Feb 14, 2022 – Irdeto has collaborated with Beijing Jiangnan Tianan Technology (TASS) to introduce a multi-DRM solution that includes China DRM and supports all the leading commercial DRMs, enabling Chinese operators to deploy services in China and worldwide.
News categories: Irdeto, TASS, Shane McCarthy, Deng Xiaosi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
Jan 24, 2022 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has announced a partnership with Nreal to bring three of Cinedigm's channels to Nreal's newly introduced AR 'TV' app on a virtual HD screen of up to 220 inches provided by the Nreal Light AR glasses.
News categories: Cinedigm, Nreal, Tony Huidor, Peng Jin, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, USA
G-Mana SSAI now available in Microsoft Azure Marketplace
Jan 6, 2022 – G-Mana server-side ad insertion (SSAI) is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. G-Mana enables addressable TV & OTT server-side ad insertion monetization for linear, live, or video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: G-Mana, Microsoft Azure, Eran Yahalomi, Jake Zborowski, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Microsoft joins HEVC Advance patent pool
Dec 24, 2021 – Access Advance has announced that Microsoft has become a Licensor and Licensee of the HEVC Advance Patent Pool. All of Microsoft's HEVC/H.265 essential patents are now included under the HEVC Advance Patent Pool license.
News categories: Access Advance, Microsoft, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
AT&T sells Xandr to Microsoft
Dec 21, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has agreed to sell Xandr to Microsoft. The agreement builds on a decade-long relationship between Xandr, including its predecessor companies, and Microsoft for delivering global digital media solutions for advertisers.
News categories: Xandr, Microsoft, Mike Welch, Mikhail Parakhin, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV