Digital TV News: Microsoft Corp
G-Mana SSAI now available in Microsoft Azure Marketplace
Jan 6, 2022 – G-Mana server-side ad insertion (SSAI) is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. G-Mana enables addressable TV & OTT server-side ad insertion monetization for linear, live, or video-on-demand (VOD) content.
News categories: G-Mana, Microsoft Azure, Eran Yahalomi, Jake Zborowski, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
NBA partners with Microsoft to create D2C platform
Apr 16, 2020 – The NBA and Microsoft have announced that Microsoft and NBA Digital are to create a platform on Microsoft Azure that will use machine learning and AI to deliver personalized game broadcasts and other content offerings direct to consumers.
News categories: Microsoft, National Basketball Association, Satya Nadella, Adam Silver, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
May 16, 2019 – Sony and Microsoft have announced that Sony will use Microsoft Azure datacenter solutions for its game and content streaming services, and that the two companies will explore joint development of cloud solutions for the future.
News categories: Microsoft, Sony Corp, Satya Nadell, Kenichiro Yoshida, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Globant simplifies OTT app workflow with Microsoft Azure
Apr 8, 2019 – Globant has announced the availability of Signal OTT, a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering on Microsoft Azure. This will help media houses and content publishers reach and engage users across device form factors and drive new revenue streams through delightful experiences.
News categories: Globant, Microsoft Azure, Russ Whitman, Diego Tártara, Sudheer Sirivara, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Akamai expands partnership With Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that it has integrated its CDN capabilities with Microsoft Azure Media Services and Blob Storage. The collaboration will make it easier for media organizations to combine cloud-based video processing with edge delivery.
News categories: Akamai, Microsoft Azure, Dr. Tom Leighton, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
24i Media delivers AI optimized discovery and recommendations with Microsoft Azure
Apr 3, 2019 – In a move to empower its customers to make their video services more personalized, powerful and intuitive, 24i Media has integrated Microsoft Azure Media Services: Video Indexer into its product line, enabling customers to build enhanced search experiences into their apps.
News categories: 24i Media, Microsoft Azure, Martijn van Horssen, Sudheer Sirivara, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Telestream offers media processing in Microsoft Azure
Apr 2, 2019 – Telestream has announced that its Vantage Cloud Port media processing services have been qualified to run on Microsoft Azure. Vantage Cloud Port allows Cloud execution of Vantage processing actions using containerized micro-services with engines identical to on-prem services.
News categories: Telestream, Microsoft Azure, Anna Greco, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Telefónica and Microsoft collaborate on AI for telcos
Feb 25, 2019 – Telefónica and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership. The agreement will combine the power of Telefónica's networks, customer proposition and global reach with the Microsoft Azure AI platform to design services telcos will offer in the future.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Satya Nadella, Europe, Latin America, MWC23, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media