Digital TV News: Microsoft Silverlight
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, Streaming
Telefónica and Microsoft to Deploy New Global Video Platform
Nov 15, 2012 – Telefónica (Madrid, NYSE: TEF) and Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) have announced an agreement to create a new Global Video Platform (GVP) for all video entertainment services across Telefónica's Operating Businesses.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Vivek Dev, Tom Gibbons, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming
Tata Elxsi Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Sep 6, 2012 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has licensed the Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) RDK (Reference Design Kit). It will work with MSOs to optimize and enhance software and provide software development, integration and testing services for SoC and OEM vendors.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
Discretix Partners with Verimatrix on PlayReady® MultiScreen Content Protection
Sep 5, 2012 – Discretix has confirmed full interoperability between the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and its SecurePlayer™, enabling Verimatrix customers to distribute PlayReady protected streams to a wide range of platforms and devices.
News categories: Discretix, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming
U.S. Debut For Amino Next Generation IPTV And Hybrid/OTT Set Top Boxes At TelcoTV 2010
Oct 12, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) will give a US debut to its next generation IPTV set-top boxes and introduce a new look hybrid/OTT media centre and user interface at TelcoTV 2010 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Verimatrix Announces Support of Microsoft PlayReady DRM for VCAS 3.0 MultiRights Solution
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that it has licensed Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) PlayReady Server technology in order to provide integrated MultiRights™ support for devices that support Microsoft PlayReady digital rights management (DRM).
News categories: Verimatrix, PlayReady, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2022, Streaming
Experience the true potential of OTT at IBC with Amino
Aug 27, 2010 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO.L) will invite visitors to IBC 2010 (stand 5.B40) to experience the true potential of OTT entertainment. The company will showcase its Intel®- powered Amino Freedom DVB-T hybrid/OTT media centre.
News categories: Amino, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
NVIDIA Demonstrates Streaming 3D Video Using Microsoft Silverlight
May 31, 2010 – NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has demonstrated 3D video streamed live over the Internet using an NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ PC, Microsoft Silverlight and IIS Smooth Streaming technology, at a press conference at Computex, Taipei.
News categories: NVIDIA, Media Player, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December