Digital TV News: Millicom
Millicom to launch portfolio of TiVo television offerings
Aug 3, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2017. Millicom will launch the full portfolio of TiVo’s television offerings from low-cost one-way digital adapters to whole home gateway DVRs, to its customers in South and Central America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, USA
EUTELSAT 117 West B all-electric satellite now in commercial service
Jan 16, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite has entered into full commercial service and is now ready to support customers across Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
Global SVOD homes to reach 428 million by 2021
Dec 12, 2016 – The number of SVOD homes is forecast to reach 428 million across 200 countries by 2021, up from 177 million in 2015 and an expected 248 million by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Millicom cable RGUs up 94,000 in 3Q 2016
Oct 25, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the quarter ended September 30, 2016. The total HFC homes passed in the third quarter increased by 180,000, maintaining the recent roll-out run-rate, and including conversion of 54,000 copper homes.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Latin America, Results, Subscribers
Top LatAm pay TV operators continue to dominate
Aug 24, 2016 – Latin American pay TV is dominated by DirecTV/Sky and Claro/America Movil, which will together account for nearly half the region’s pay TV subs by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research. This share will be maintained for the next five years.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom cable RGUs up 41,000 in 2Q 2016
Jul 21, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the second quarter and first half ended June 30, 2016. Cable RGUs increased by 41,000 from Q1 2016 to 5.46 million with the growth coming primarily from pay TV offers.
News categories: Millicom, Mauricio Ramos, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Millicom (Tigo) partners with Netflix in Latin America
Jun 13, 2016 – Millicom has announced a strategic partnership with Netflix that will bring Netflix app preloads to Android smartphones from TigoSmart and provide promotions to TigoStar and TigoSmart customers in Latin America.
News categories: Millicom, Netflix, Victor Unda, Paul Perryman, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Mobile, Streaming
Latin American OTT TV and video booms
Jun 2, 2016 – OTT TV and video revenues in Latin America will reach $3.59 billion in 2021; up from $32 million recorded in 2010 and more than triple the $1.15 billion in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
Pay TV households in Central America grew faster than the rest of Latin America in 2015
Mar 17, 2016 – The region covered by Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama and the Dominican Republic reached 3.7 million pay TV subscribers at the end of 2015, according to Dataxis. Total subscribers at the end of Q4 2015 represented a growth of 13.5% compared with the same period of 2014.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Central America, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying