Digital TV News: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Reliance BIG TV to be acquired by Pantel & Veecon Media and Television
Nov 27, 2017 – Reliance Communications (RCOM) has entered into a binding Share Purchase Agreement with Pantel Technologies and Veecon Media & Television for the sale of its subsidiary Reliance BIG TV Limited (RBTV), engaged in the business of DTH TV services across India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, Pantel Technologies, Vijender Singh, Digital TV, India, MandA, Satellite
India revises timeline for Cable TV Digitization
Dec 23, 2016 – India's Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is extending the cut-off date for Phase IV of Cable TV Digitization to 31st March, 2017 due to uncertainty in the market caused by pending court cases and slow progress in STB installation.
News categories: I&B Ministry, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
Videocon d2h adds 0.43 million net subscribers in 4Q 2015
Jan 28, 2016 – Videocon d2h (NASDAQ: VDTH) has announced its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2015. The Company added 0.67 million gross subscribers and 0.43 million net subscribers during the quarter.
News categories: Videocon d2h, Anil Khera, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Cable TV in India to be digital from January 1, 2016
Dec 8, 2015 – The cut-off date in India's television digitalisation plan for urban areas is 31st December 2015, after which no analogue signal transmission or re-transmission of TV channels will be permitted by law.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Regulation
Hinduja receives operating licence for NXT DIGITAL Headend-In-The-Sky
Sep 8, 2015 – India's Ministry of Information & Communications Technology has issued a Wireless Operating License (WOL) to Grant Investrade, a subsidiary of Hinduja Ventures for their NXT DIGITAL Headend-In-The-Sky service. The WOL is the final regulatory step before making HITS operational.
News categories: Hinduja, A K Das, Tony D’Silva, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
55% TV digitisation target achieved in India's Phase II cities
Mar 1, 2013 – A review by India's Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has shown that a digitisation rate of over 55% has been achieved in the 38 cities set for digitisation by March 31, 2013. A total of 8.77 million set-top boxes have been installed.
News categories: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Modification in India's Switchover Date to Digital Cable TV
Jun 20, 2012 – The installation of digital cable set-top boxes in India's four metros of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai will not meet the mandated deadline of June 30th, 2012. The governement has therefore set a new deadline of October 31st, 2012.
News categories: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
Tribunal orders DTH STB interoperability in India
Jun 19, 2011 – India's Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has called for laying down technology standards that would pave the way for technical and commercial interoperability of the Set Top Boxes (STBs) of Direct-To-Home (DTH) operators.
News categories: TDSAT, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio