Digital TV News: Mirics
Skycast and Quincy Digital Select Mirics OneSeg Receiver
Aug 10, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has added ISDB-T OneSeg support to its FlexiTV multi-standard PC TV receiver and struck agreements with PC TV accessory providers Quincy Digital of Korea and Skycast of Brazil.
News categories: Mirics, Quincy Digital, Skycast, Brazil, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics targets ARM processor-based smartphones with FlexiTV™
Jul 27, 2009 – Mirics has announced that it is developing mobile TV and radio solutions for smartphone applications by migrating its FlexiTV™ platform to the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) Cortex™-A8 and Cortex-A9 applications processors.
News categories: Mirics, ARM, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Software
Mirics Brings FlexiTV™ to Intel® Atom™ Based Platforms
Jul 15, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has expanded its FlexiTV™ technology by launching a range of mobile TV and radio applications targeted at products powered by the Intel® Atom™ CPU platform bringing mobile TV to netbooks and mobile internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Mirics, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC Announce Strategic Partnership
Jun 2, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Company (HDIC) have announced a strategic partnership to enable high-definition digital TV reception on portable devices using China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Mirics and Spreadtrum announce availability of embedded CMMB PCTV solution
Apr 7, 2009 – Mirics and Spreadtrum (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced the availability of an embedded PCTV solution that supports the CMMB mobile digital TV standard. Mirics will demonstrate the solution at the Intel Developers Forum in Beijing on April 8, 2009.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics and CyberLink Join Forces to Deliver HDTV to Notebooks
Mar 23, 2009 – CyberLink (5203.TW) has announced that Mirics has demonstrated full interoperability of its revolutionary FlexiTV™ software-based receiver with CyberLink's TVEnhance, together delivering the latest high-definition video content to notebook PCs.
News categories: CyberLink, Mirics, Media Player, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Mirics secures additional $7m funding to accelerate worldwide growth
Jan 5, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has announced that it has secured $7m of financing from its existing investor team of Acacia Capital Partners, Intel Capital and Pond Venture Partners.
News categories: Mirics, Mobile, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Mirics and Spreadtrum Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Innovative CMMB Solutions for PCTV Applications
Dec 2, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor and Spreadtrum Communications (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced a strategic partnership focused upon delivering embedded TV solutions for portable PCs that support the China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, China, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics adds ISDB-T reception to its FlexiTV™ solution for TV on a PC
Sep 30, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor will showcase an enhanced version of its Mirics FlexiTV™ broadcast receiver - a complete RF, host interface and software demodulation solution for the notebook PC platform - at CEATEC Japan.
News categories: Mirics, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December