Digital TV News: Mirics Semiconductor
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC deliver HD broadcast TV capability to PC users in China
Oct 12, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai HDIC have announced the availability of a digital TV reference design targeting the full range of portable and desktop PC devices. The USB dongle reference design is compliant with China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Skycast and Quincy Digital Select Mirics OneSeg Receiver
Aug 10, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has added ISDB-T OneSeg support to its FlexiTV multi-standard PC TV receiver and struck agreements with PC TV accessory providers Quincy Digital of Korea and Skycast of Brazil.
News categories: Mirics, Quincy Digital, Skycast, Brazil, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics targets ARM processor-based smartphones with FlexiTV™
Jul 27, 2009 – Mirics has announced that it is developing mobile TV and radio solutions for smartphone applications by migrating its FlexiTV™ platform to the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) Cortex™-A8 and Cortex-A9 applications processors.
News categories: Mirics, ARM, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Software
Mirics Brings FlexiTV™ to Intel® Atom™ Based Platforms
Jul 15, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has expanded its FlexiTV™ technology by launching a range of mobile TV and radio applications targeted at products powered by the Intel® Atom™ CPU platform bringing mobile TV to netbooks and mobile internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Mirics, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC Announce Strategic Partnership
Jun 2, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Company (HDIC) have announced a strategic partnership to enable high-definition digital TV reception on portable devices using China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Mirics and Spreadtrum announce availability of embedded CMMB PCTV solution
Apr 7, 2009 – Mirics and Spreadtrum (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced the availability of an embedded PCTV solution that supports the CMMB mobile digital TV standard. Mirics will demonstrate the solution at the Intel Developers Forum in Beijing on April 8, 2009.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics secures additional $7m funding to accelerate worldwide growth
Jan 5, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has announced that it has secured $7m of financing from its existing investor team of Acacia Capital Partners, Intel Capital and Pond Venture Partners.
News categories: Mirics, Mobile, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Mirics and Spreadtrum Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Innovative CMMB Solutions for PCTV Applications
Dec 2, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor and Spreadtrum Communications (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced a strategic partnership focused upon delivering embedded TV solutions for portable PCs that support the China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, China, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics adds ISDB-T reception to its FlexiTV™ solution for TV on a PC
Sep 30, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor will showcase an enhanced version of its Mirics FlexiTV™ broadcast receiver - a complete RF, host interface and software demodulation solution for the notebook PC platform - at CEATEC Japan.
News categories: Mirics, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028