Digital TV News: Mirics Semiconductor
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC deliver HD broadcast TV capability to PC users in China
Oct 12, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai HDIC have announced the availability of a digital TV reference design targeting the full range of portable and desktop PC devices. The USB dongle reference design is compliant with China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Skycast and Quincy Digital Select Mirics OneSeg Receiver
Aug 10, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has added ISDB-T OneSeg support to its FlexiTV multi-standard PC TV receiver and struck agreements with PC TV accessory providers Quincy Digital of Korea and Skycast of Brazil.
News categories: Mirics, Quincy Digital, Skycast, Brazil, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics targets ARM processor-based smartphones with FlexiTV™
Jul 27, 2009 – Mirics has announced that it is developing mobile TV and radio solutions for smartphone applications by migrating its FlexiTV™ platform to the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) Cortex™-A8 and Cortex-A9 applications processors.
News categories: Mirics, ARM, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Software
Mirics Brings FlexiTV™ to Intel® Atom™ Based Platforms
Jul 15, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has expanded its FlexiTV™ technology by launching a range of mobile TV and radio applications targeted at products powered by the Intel® Atom™ CPU platform bringing mobile TV to netbooks and mobile internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Mirics, Japan, Korea, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
Mirics and Shanghai HDIC Announce Strategic Partnership
Jun 2, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor and Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Company (HDIC) have announced a strategic partnership to enable high-definition digital TV reception on portable devices using China's DTTB standard.
News categories: Mirics, HDIC, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Mirics and Spreadtrum announce availability of embedded CMMB PCTV solution
Apr 7, 2009 – Mirics and Spreadtrum (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced the availability of an embedded PCTV solution that supports the CMMB mobile digital TV standard. Mirics will demonstrate the solution at the Intel Developers Forum in Beijing on April 8, 2009.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics secures additional $7m funding to accelerate worldwide growth
Jan 5, 2009 – Mirics Semiconductor has announced that it has secured $7m of financing from its existing investor team of Acacia Capital Partners, Intel Capital and Pond Venture Partners.
News categories: Mirics, Mobile, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Mirics and Spreadtrum Announce Strategic Partnership to Deliver Innovative CMMB Solutions for PCTV Applications
Dec 2, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor and Spreadtrum Communications (Nasdaq: SPRD) have announced a strategic partnership focused upon delivering embedded TV solutions for portable PCs that support the China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Mirics, Spreadtrum, China, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Mirics adds ISDB-T reception to its FlexiTV™ solution for TV on a PC
Sep 30, 2008 – Mirics Semiconductor will showcase an enhanced version of its Mirics FlexiTV™ broadcast receiver - a complete RF, host interface and software demodulation solution for the notebook PC platform - at CEATEC Japan.
News categories: Mirics, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Software
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024