Digital TV News: Mitsubishi
Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
May 27, 2020 – Sisvel has announced that Mitsubishi Electric has entered into a patent license agreement for both Sisvel’s VP9 and AV1 Licensing Programs. Sisvel has also granted a license to Tremmen Tecnologica for both of thep rograms.
News categories: Sisvel, Mitsubishi Electric, Tremmen Tecnologica, Mattia Fogliacco, Davide Ferri, Yoshimichi Shishido, Javier Galiana, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
4C and iQ Media combine to create unified TV intelligence network
Apr 10, 2019 – 4C and iQ Media have created Kinetiq, an entity that combines iQ Media and 4C's Teletrax. Kinetiq will serve as the world's largest unified TV intelligence network, offering paid and earned media measurement, monitoring and signaling across local, national and global markets.
News categories: iQ Media, 4C Insights, Kinetiq, Kevin Kohn, Dr. Alok Choudhary, Lance Neuhauser, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Panasonic develops single cable transmission solution for uncompressed 8K video
Jan 5, 2016 – Panasonic has announced that it has developed single cable and connector solution that enable the transmission of uncompressed full-spec 8K video signals. Currently, to transmit 8K video, 4K-equivalent images are transmitted using four HDMI cables, and these are then re-combined to give 8K resolution.
News categories: Panasonic, Keio University, CES2021, Digital TV, Japan, Worldwide
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Content Distribution, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces HEVC patent pool
Mar 26, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced the formation of the HEVC Advance patent pool. Utilizing a balanced business model for HEVC IP commercialization, HEVC Advance will provide a means for accessing and licensing HEVC essential patents.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet