Digital TV News: MoCA
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA COM, Broadband, Content Distribution, Fibre, Smart Home, Worldwide
MCTV selects Amino TV devices and service assurance platform
May 31, 2016 – Amino Communications has secured a contract to provide TV devices and its Engage service assurance software to Ohio-based North American service provider MCTV.
News categories: Amino Communications, MCTV, Donald McGarva, Bob Gessner, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2022, Market Research, RDK, USA
DISH makes Hopper 3 available across the USA
Feb 1, 2016 – DISH Network has announced the availability of its Hopper 3 to customers across the USA. The third-generation of DISH’s whole-home DVR system, Hopper 3 features 16 tuners, delivers an enhanced 4K experience and supports up to seven TVs simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia