Digital TV News: MobiTV
MobiTV collaborates with Jabil to develop HDMI dongle
Feb 24, 2014 – MobiTV has announced that with Jabil Circuit (NYSE: JBL) it has developed a white-label HDMI dongle that can be branded and deployed by wireless operators to deliver a turnkey in-home TV everywhere experience.
News categories: MobiTV, Jabil, Charlie Nooney, Keith Cochran, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, Worldwide
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
MobiTV showcases benefits of HEVC for service providers at IBC
Sep 6, 2012 – MobiTV will perform a demonstration of the HEVC (H.265) video compression standard at IBC. HEVC is the latest iteration of industry standards developed to improve the compression efficiency of video and will supersede the current AVC (H.264) standard.
News categories: MobiTV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase
MobiTV Offers Standalone Licensable Network DVR to Service Providers
Jul 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that its network DVR (nDVR) will be released as a standalone licensable solution to service providers. The MobiTV nDVR navigates complex rights management across countries by efficiently configuring for any of the governing international rules.
News categories: MobiTV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting
Amino showcases new multi-screen media gateway at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 – Amino is demonstrating its range of IPTV/OTT and hybrid/OTT solutions at NAB 2012. Visitors can see demonstrations of the new Amino Freedom Live media gateway - the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by Intel's Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box
Amino integrates MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM
Mar 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that the MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM solution have been embedded within an Amino (AIM: AMO) set-top box; creating a secure adaptive streaming experience while eliminating the need for managed networks.
News categories: MobiTV, Amino, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom Partner to Develop Converged Media Platform
Jan 9, 2012 – MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) are partnering to develop a converged media platform that will enable the delivery of content across multiple platforms including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, Internet TVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs