Digital TV News: Motive Television
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
Marketing begins for Tablet TV launch in the U.S.
Oct 15, 2014 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that its 50% owned joint venture, Tablet Television (TTV), is launching its marketing campaign in San Francisco, supporting a product launch in time for Christmas 2014.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Luc Tomasino, Apps, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, BroadcastAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
Motive TV signs software contract with Skyworth
Apr 17, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has signed a Software Development License Agreement with Skyworth who will be supplying set top boxes in support of the Siyaya DTH service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DTG Testing scheduled for Freeview Tablet TV UK
Apr 10, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has received confirmation that testing of its technology for Freeview Tablet TV by the Digital Technology Group will begin on 28 April.
News categories: Motive Television, DTG Testing, Leonard M Fertig, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Motive begins installations for FreeVision DTH in South Africa
Mar 27, 2014 – Motive Television has announce that it has begun the installation of its Content Express™ platform in South Africa in accordance with the contract signed in December 2013 with Siyaya Free To Air TV.
News categories: Motive Television, Sentech, FreeVision, Skyworth, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Tablet TV progresses toward commercial launch in the US
Jan 14, 2014 – Motive Television has announced the signing of an MOU with Ecopro to develop and produce T-Pod digital terrestrial TV dongles to specifications developed by Motive for use in Tablet Television in the United States.
News categories: Motive Television, Granite Television, Ecopro, Leonard M Fertig, Peter Markham, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
Motive Television signs contract with South Africa's Siyaya TV
Dec 30, 2013 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced that it will install, integrate, and operate Siyaya's VOD platform in conjunction with the launch of Siyaya's TV services on the Sentech Freevision DTH satellite service in South Africa.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution