Digital TV News: Movea
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Subscribers
Vidmind unveils hybrid Android STB for Russia's TVzor
Sep 9, 2014 – Vidmind has unveiled Vidmind V2, the new version of its Hybrid Android STB for virtual operators. The STB was designed by Vidmind and manufactured by Hisense. The product will be deployed in Russia by TVzor starting October 2014.
News categories: Vidmind, Hisense, TVzor, Danny Peled, Dr. Weiping Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Movea, STMicroelectronics and Wyplay show motion-based interactive TV user experience
Jan 8, 2014 – Movea, together with STMicroelectronics and Wyplay, is demonstrating how the integration of hardware, middleware and motion software brings easy and rapid deployment of motion-based user interfaces for connected home systems.
News categories: Movea, STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Wahid Issa, André-Louis Bertrand, Dominique Feral, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Movea teams up with STMicroelectronics on gesture recognition for set-top boxes
Mar 21, 2013 – Movea has announced its collaboration with STMicroelectronics on the integration of Movea's SmartMotion Server with ST's Orly set-top box system-on-chip, enabling the easy and rapid deployment of motion-based user interfaces for next-generation connected home systems.
News categories: Movea, STMicroelectronics, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Orange selects Movea for gesture-controlled set-top box
Jan 3, 2013 – Movea has announced a collaboration with Orange on the first large scale commercial deployment of a gesture-control set-top box. The Orange Livebox Play TV® set-top box will run Movea's SmartMotion Server to deliver a more fun and intuitive way for people to enjoy digital content on the TV.
News categories: Movea, Orange, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
Free Deploys Movea's MotionIC™ In Next Generation Remote Controls
Jan 4, 2011 – Iliad's Free has announced that it is deploying Movea's MotionIC™ technologies in next generation remote controls that will come with the new Freebox set-top box (STB) launched in late December 2010 in France.
News categories: Iliad, Movea, France, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution