Digital TV News: Moving Picture Experts Group
Ericsson announces world's first HEVC encoder for live TV delivery to mobile devices
Aug 22, 2012 – IBC 2012 will see the Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) market launch of the world's first HEVC/H.265 encoder for the delivery of live and linear TV over mobile networks, to mobile devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile
HEVC reaches the stage of Draft International Standard
Jul 20, 2012 – The 101st MPEG meeting has been held in Stockholm, Sweden. MPEG Media Transport (MMT) achieved formal Committee Draft (CD) status and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) reached the stage of Draft International Standard (DIS) during the meeting.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Motorola Mobility Showcases the Evolution of TV and a Smart, Simple Connected Home at The Cable Show 2012
May 18, 2012 – Motorola's (NYSE: MMI) mix of smart software, network and in-home technologies will be on display in a Living Room setting, demonstrating how the company is further empowering service providers to deliver on the promise of the IP Connected Home of the Future.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HEVC to be carried in MPEG-2 Systems and AVC File Format standards
May 4, 2012 – Anticipating the strong demand for the HEVC standard in the commercial market immediately upon its finalization, MPEG has launched new projects to extend its widely used transport standards, MPEG-2 Systems and AVC file format, to carry HEVC.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, Digital TV
Committee produces HEVC/H.265 MPEG codec draft specification
Feb 10, 2012 – ISO/IEC's Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has announced the completion of the ISO/IEC committee draft of the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) [H.265] standard.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, High Efficiency Video Coding, Digital TV, Streaming, TV Services
MPEG ratifies draft standard for DASH; introduces MPEG-H
Dec 2, 2011 – The 98th MPEG meeting was held in Geneva, Switzerland from the 28th of November to the 02nd of December 2011. ISO/IEC 23009-1, known as MPEG-DASH, has been ratified unanimously by positive votes from 24 national bodies in November 2011.
News categories: Moving Picture Experts Group, Digital TV, Streaming
Nokia makes its H.264/MPEG-4 MVC Mobile 3D implementation public
May 27, 2009 – Nokia (Helsinki:NOK1V; NYSE:NOK) has announced open availability of its MVC source code implementing H.264/MPEG-4 MVC, a leading multi-view video coding standard. The source code is optimized for different uses on mobile devices.
News categories: Nokia, Digital TV, Mobile
ATSC Publishes New Standard For Advanced Video Coding
Sep 15, 2008 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee, Inc. has approved and published A/72 which details the methodology to utilize Advanced Video Coding (AVC) within an ATSC DTV transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update