Digital TV News: MultiMedia Intelligence
244.5 Million IP-Connected Consumer Electronics Devices in 2013
Feb 5, 2009 – MultiMedia Intelligence believes that the necessary technology platforms are in place for the IP-connected home and forecasts 244.5 million IP-Connected devices will be shipped in 2013.
News categories: Multimedia Intelligence, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Home Server, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
World's First Solution for Targeted Advertising over Mobile TV on display at IBC 2008
Aug 12, 2008 – Packet Vision and UDcast have announced what they believe to be the world's first solution for targeted television advertising over mobile TV. The first public presentation of their technology will take place at this year's IBC.
News categories: Packet Vision, UDcast, Advertising, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Mobile
Mobile TV and Video to Exceed $15 Billion in Worldwide Revenue by 2012
Jul 9, 2008 – Consumers are demanding more personalization and entertainment content on their mobile phones, driving mobile video subscription revenue to exceed $3.5 billion in 2008, according to resent research by MultiMedia Intelligence.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Market Research, Mobile, Subscribers
Verimatrix Announces Mobile TV Content Security Solution for Pay-TV Operators
Jun 16, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced the full profile of its comprehensive VCAS™ for Mobile TV solution to enable operators to deliver a seamless pay-TV service over mobile phones and other mobile Internet devices (MIDs).
News categories: Verimatrix, Tata Elxsi, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
ARM Mali-400 MP Technology Brings High-end Graphics to all Consumer Devices
Jun 2, 2008 – ARM (LSE:ARM)(Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced the ARM® Mali™-400 MP scalable multiprocessor graphics solution, capable of delivering up to 1G pixels per second and enabling licensees to serve multiple product markets with the same architecture.
News categories: ARM®, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Shipments of Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Pass the 60 Million Unit Mark in 2007
Jan 29, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that shipments of Internet-Protocol (IP)-enabled consumer electronics reached 64 Million units in 2007. This represented nearly 73% growth. However, the market continues to be dominated by internet-enabled video game consoles.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
MultiMedia Intelligence Identifies Digital Watermarking & Fingerprinting As Key New Technology Opportunities to Monetize Digital Media
Jan 21, 2008 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports that applications leveraging content identification technologies such as digital watermarking and fingerprinting are growing rapidly and could surpass US$500 million worldwide by 2012.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Streaming, Watermarking
Multimedia Mobile Phone Shipments Surpass TV Shipments in 2008, According to MultiMedia Intelligence
Nov 27, 2007 – MultiMedia Intelligence reports the worldwide unit shipments of multimedia feature rich mobile phones will exceed 300 million units in 2008, outnumbering shipments of TV sets.
News categories: MultiMedia Intelligence, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022