Digital TV News: Myriad Group
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pace to use Myriad Java in select set-top boxes and gateways
Apr 30, 2013 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that Pace (LSE: PIC) has selected Myriad's Java™ technology for use in their RDK compliant set-top boxes. The JVM is a key component of the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK).
News categories: Myriad Group, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad to Provide JVM for Comcast tru2way Set-Top Boxes
Jan 9, 2012 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that it will deliver its Java™ technology for use in Comcast's tru2way set-top software platform to power the Xfinity TV service.
News categories: Myriad Group, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad and Broadcom Deliver Popular Android Apps to the TV
Jan 4, 2012 – Myriad (SIX:MYRN) and Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) have announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to TVs. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on Broadcom STB platforms, simplifying the delivery of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
News categories: Myriad Group, Broadcom, Apps, CES2023, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Myriad Brings Android to Your TV
Dec 21, 2011 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has unveiled Myriad Alien Vue. Myriad's latest Alien release enables Internet access via TV allowing Android apps to run alongside existing television functions, in a unified user experience.
News categories: Myriad Group, Apps, CES2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December