Digital TV News: Myriad Group
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Pace to use Myriad Java in select set-top boxes and gateways
Apr 30, 2013 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that Pace (LSE: PIC) has selected Myriad's Java™ technology for use in their RDK compliant set-top boxes. The JVM is a key component of the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK).
News categories: Myriad Group, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad to Provide JVM for Comcast tru2way Set-Top Boxes
Jan 9, 2012 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has announced that it will deliver its Java™ technology for use in Comcast's tru2way set-top software platform to power the Xfinity TV service.
News categories: Myriad Group, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Myriad and Broadcom Deliver Popular Android Apps to the TV
Jan 4, 2012 – Myriad (SIX:MYRN) and Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) have announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to TVs. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on Broadcom STB platforms, simplifying the delivery of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
News categories: Myriad Group, Broadcom, Apps, CES2024, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Myriad Brings Android to Your TV
Dec 21, 2011 – Myriad Group (SIX: MYRN) has unveiled Myriad Alien Vue. Myriad's latest Alien release enables Internet access via TV allowing Android apps to run alongside existing television functions, in a unified user experience.
News categories: Myriad Group, Apps, CES2024, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024