Digital TV News: NCTC
Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
Nov 29, 2022 – Globecast has announced an agreement with EarthxTV to provide cloud playout for the linear TV channel and distribution to MVPDs. Globecast is orchestrating the EarthxTV playback entirely in the cloud.
News categories: Globecast, EarthxTV, René Villapando, Rajan Singh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
Agreement brings MyBundle.TV streaming aggregation to NCTC members
Oct 12, 2022 – MyBundle.TV has entered into a partnership with the National Content & Technology Cooperative (NCTC). The agreement will give the cooperative's members access to tools that simplify the world of streaming TV.
News categories: Mybundle.TV, NCTC, Jason Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amino and Innovative Systems complete Android TV integration
Jul 25, 2022 – Amino and Innovative Systems have announced the availability of their integrated Android TV managed service offering to bring a wider variety of content to a diverse population of subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Innovative Systems, Donald McGarva, Scott Sobolewski, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Amino aids customer support with service KPI visualizations
Jul 22, 2022 – Amino has unveiled Amino Engage Optimize to extend the functionality of its SaaS platform. Optimize combines QoS and QoE metrics to help Pay TV providers identify service issues and get insights into potential problems impacting subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Evolution Digital and NCTC reach agreement for Wi-Fi and Android TV products
Jul 20, 2022 – Evolution Digital and the NCTC have announced an agreement that will continue to make Evolution Digital's suite of broadband and Android TV products available to more than 700 independent service providers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, Marc Cohen, Lou Borrelli, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Qwilt offers unified CDN for NCTC members
Nov 8, 2021 – NCTC and Qwilt have launched an initiative to upgrade NCTC member networks with Qwilt's CDN technology and services. NCTC members that deploy the solution will be federated together into a unified CDN.
News categories: Qwilt, NCTC, Alon Maor, Lou Borrelli, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Independent Show 2021 to be all virtual
Sep 1, 2021 – The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) and ACA Connects (ACAC) have announced that the 2021 Independent Show will be held online. The online show will still be held on Oct. 5-6 as scheduled.
News categories: NCTC, ACAC, The Independent Show, Brad Mefferd, Lou Borrelli, Patricia Jo Boyers, Matt Polka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Show, USA
TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
Jun 15, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that it has signed an agreement with the NCTC, giving NCTC members the opportunity to continue to receive the MobiTV IPTV service, now owned and operated by TiVo.
News categories: Xperi, NCTC, Jeffrey Glahn, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace