Digital TV News: NEC
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
Sep 14, 2023 – TCL has announced pricing and availability for the first TCL televisions in the U.S. with Fire TV built in. The TCL Q and S Class models with Fire TV also include a Voice Remote with Alexa.
News categories: TCL, Amazon, Chris Hamdorf, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
Sep 18, 2023 – According to Mediavision, as many as 75% of the Nordic households now have a TV set connected to the internet, with 70% of households having a paid streaming service.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
Sep 15, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has collaborated with Netgem to introduce its N9000 Android TV STB combined with Netgem's Immersive TV service to provide the ultimate cloud gaming experience.
News categories: ZTE, Netgem, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – ENENSYS has partnered with Eutelsat to show streaming over 5G networks using DVB-NIP. DVB-NIP convergences broadband and broadcast to increase the reach of satellite and broadcast operations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eutelsat, Laurent ROUL, Annamaria Recchia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite
Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
Sep 14, 2023 – Pixalate has introduced the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV's position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service