Digital TV News: NEC
Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
Dec 1, 2022 – Tulix and WiseDV are powering the Hollywire channel on Samsung TV Plus in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil. Channel origination is provided by WiseDV's cloud playout. Tulix's CDN is used for delivery.
News categories: Tulix, WiseDV, Hollywire, Nino Doijashvili, Brazil, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
Dec 1, 2022 – Disney Advertising is building momentum for marketers leveraging Clean Room technology through an integration between its Audience Graph, Ad Exposure Log Files and VideoAmp’s TV Viewership footprint.
News categories: Disney Advertising, VideoAmp, Lisa Valentino, Michael Parkes, Geoffrey Calabrese, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
Nov 30, 2022 – Global 5G subscriptions remain on track to top one billion by the end of this year. The latest Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report also forecasts FWA connections to grow faster than previously expected.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
Nov 10, 2022 – 6G-Datacast.TV has developed a protocol by which a serial data stream is pushed to unlimited numbers of clients wirelessly. The protocol makes good on the promise of ATSC 3.0 for datacasting.
News categories: CEA Group, 6G-Datacast.tv, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
Nov 24, 2022 – VEON (NASDAQ: VEON; Amsterdam: VEON) has entered into an agreement to sell its Russian operations to certain senior members of the management team of VimpelCom, led by its current CEO Aleksander Torbakhov.
News categories: VEON, Kaan Terzioğlu, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Russia
Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
Nov 23, 2022 – People will soon be able to watch BBC One in HD without having to switch over to the current standard-definition versions for their local programming, following the roll-out of BBC One HD in England.
News categories: BBC, Kieran Clifton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
Nov 24, 2022 – Dotscreen has provided upgrades for two of its European multiscreen UI clients. TF1's MYTF1 Max App has launched on Samsung and LG Smart TVs in France, and RTBF has relaunched its Auvio App in Belgium.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, TF1, RTBF, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
Nov 23, 2022 – Pixalate has released its October 2022 Publisher Trust Index (PTI). The report provides a perspective regarding the quality of CTV apps supporting programmatic advertising with rankings broken down by region, country, category, and app store.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management