Digital TV News: NEC
Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
Oct 27, 2020 – After Linux and Android TV, TimelessUI Universe, Wiztivi's user interface product, is now compatible with RDK. Wiztivi has also joined the RDK community as Preferred Member.
News categories: Wiztivi, Ari Bensimon, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
Oct 27, 2020 – The HbbTV Association has completed work on an update to its core specification (HbbTV 2.0.3). For the first time, HbbTV has removed some features and is announcing the intention to remove others in the future.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Jon Piesing, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
Oct 27, 2020 – Red Bee Media and Dotscreen were instrumental in the launch of TV5MONDEplus, the new global video-on-demand platform with free French speaking series, films and documentaries in full HD quality, subtitled in 5 languages.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Dotscreen, TV5MONDEplus, Steve Nylund, Stanislas Leridon, Hélène Zemmour, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
Oct 26, 2020 – Comscore's (NASDAQ: SCOR) approach centers on audience- and impression-based currency, enhanced addressable advertising capabilities, outcome-based attribution, Exact Commercial Ratings and solutions solving for cookieless world.
News categories: Comscore, Bill Livek, Chris Wilson, Carol Hinnant, David Algranati, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
Oct 22, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that its advanced brand safety and contextual categorization segments for Connected TV (CTV) and premium video are now available for global application.
News categories: Comscore, Rachel Gantz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
Oct 22, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2020. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627 thousand in the quarter. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were up 229,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
Oct 21, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) is partnering with Google to accelerate the development and deployment of the Google Broadcast Stack onto a wide array of CPE and CE devices used to access video services.
News categories: Technicolor, Google, Brian Jentz, Shalini Govil-Pai, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
Oct 21, 2020 – Gamut has announced the selection of iSpot as its connected TV (CTV) ACR measurement provider. Gamut will use iSpot's capabilities to measure the incremental reach of its local OTT ad campaigns.
News categories: Gamut, iSpot, Soo Jin Oh, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service