Digital TV News: NEC Corp
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEC and GLOBO trial live 4K DTT broadcasting in Rio de Janeiro
Jun 30, 2014 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced that it is collaborating with GLOBO on constructing a live 4K terrestrial broadcasting trial system by providing its real-time HEVC hardware-based encoder, the 4K/60p compliant VC-8150.
News categories: NEC Corp, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
NEC to implement digital TV transmitters for Thailand's PBS
Jun 5, 2014 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced that it will be implementing digital TV transmitters nationwide for the Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS) for all of its 44 locations across the Kingdom of Thailand.
News categories: NEC Corp, Thai PBS, Mongkon Leelatum, Hiroshi Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Thailand
NTT and NEC launch real time 4K/60P HEVC encoder
Feb 12, 2014 – NTT and NEC have announced the launch of the industry's first real time 4K/60P High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) encoder.
News categories: NTT, NEC Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
NEC Provides Commercial Broadcaster in Myanmar with DTT Transmitters
Oct 3, 2012 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) is providing Myanmar's new commercial broadcaster, Myanmar Album Media Services (MAMS), with digital TV broadcasting transmitters through one of the country's system integrators, RedLink Communications.
News categories: NEC Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Terrestrial
Worldwide IPTV Market to Reach US$78.9 Billion in Service Revenues by 2015
Feb 8, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on IPTV. The Global iPTV market is projected to amass a worldwide subscriber base of 343.2 million by the year 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp to Develop Mobile Application Platform
Apr 26, 2010 – NTT DOCOMO, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp have announced their agreement to jointly develop a new application platform for mobile phones that will be compatible with both the Symbian and Linux operating systems.
News categories: DOCOMO, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0