Digital TV News: NIGCOMSAT
Trefoil Networks launches OurTV on Nigcomsat 1R
Feb 13, 2020 – OurTV is an African DTH satellite TV service offering 20+ free-to-view channels via its OurTV set-top box or decoder. Protected by Verimatrix, OurTV hybrid STBs offer PVR and allow users to watch YouTube and other OTT.
News categories: Trefoil Networks, OurTV, Africa, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
NIGCOMSAT launches NextTV DTH platform
May 27, 2019 – NIGCOMSAT has launched NextTV, a new satellite DTH platform. The platform is a joint venture between Nigus International, NIGCOMSAT and China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC). The service will be available across Africa on NigComSat 1R at 42.5°E.
News categories: NextTV, NIGCOMSAT, Nigus, CGWIC, Africa, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
Nigerians to have access to 100-250 TV channels by 2010
Aug 8, 2008 – Nigeria Communication Satellite (NIGCOMSAT) and DIGITAL Broadcasting have reached an agreement to enable the 36 states of the Nigerian federation to access 100-250 television stations through a common set-top box within the next 18 months.
News categories: NIGCOMSAT, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner