Digital TV News: NOS
Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
Jul 20, 2021 – Innovid has announced the findings of a report, conducted in partnership with the ANA and 20 leading advertisers, that looks at new KPIs, benchmarks, and best practices for marketers making the move to CTV.
News categories: Innovid, Bill Duggan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Linear programming lives on as FAST channels make gains in the U.S.
Jul 15, 2021 – Despite the proliferation of subscription streaming services in the U.S. streaming market, ad-supported streaming options continue to gain momentum, according to a Horowitz Research report.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
WOWOW equips streaming service with NPAW video intelligence
Jul 13, 2021 – WOWOW has integrated NPAW video intelligence, in collaboration with INNOTECH. NPAW insights will help build stronger connections with subscribers, discover user needs and new business opportunities.
News categories: NPAW, WOWOW, Brian Pang, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Big Data, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
Telestream & NPAW integrate network and client video QoE solutions
Jun 29, 2021 – Telestream and NPAW have integrated NPAW's Youbora and the Telestream IQ Video Quality Assurance Solution to enable users to monitor and quickly respond to issues arising in video processing and distribution paths.
News categories: Telestream, NPAW, Calvin Harrison, Ferran G. Vilaró, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Magnite acquires CTV ad serving platform SpringServe
Jul 1, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has acquired SpringServe. SpringServe's technology manages multiple aspects of video advertising for CTV publishers such as inventory routing, customized ad experiences, and advanced podding logic.
News categories: Magnite, SpringServe, Michael Barrett, Joseph Hirsch, Christo Owen, Brian Hunt, Travis Hockersmith, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
Jun 23, 2021 – Irdeto and INVIDI are rolling out technology that enables TV set-top boxes containing Irdeto's broadcast middleware to become instantly addressable, allowing the insertion of ads via INVIDI's Edge platform.
News categories: Irdeto, INVIDI, Shane McCarthy, Prasad Sanagavarapu, Advertising, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
Jun 22, 2021 – According to ANACOM, in 1st quarter 2021 there were 4.3 million subscribers to pay TV in Portugal, 153,000 more (+3.7%) than in the same quarter of 2020, driven mainly by growth in FTTH subscribers.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform