Digital TV News: NOS
UEI expands software and services for whole home control
Jan 6, 2023 – To deal with the challenge of onboarding, troubleshooting, and supporting connected devices across different ecosystems, UEI [NASDAQ: UEIC] has expanded its offering beyond just control introducing several services to help consumers.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Arsham Hatambeiki, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Portugal pay-TV subscribers up 3.1% Y-o-Y in 3Q 2022
Jan 6, 2023 – According to Anacom, in the 3rd quarter of 2022 4.5 million people in Portugal were pay-TV subscribers, 134 thousand (3.1%) more than in the same period of 2021. MEO held the highest share at 41%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Philippines' telecom, pay-TV revenue to have 4% CAGR 2021-2026
Dec 22, 2022 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in the Philippines is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% during 2021-2026, mainly supported by mobile data and fixed broadband segments, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines, TV Services
Al Aan TV selects Actus Digital for compliance and monitoring
Dec 15, 2022 – Al Aan TV is using Actus Digital's intelligent monitoring platform. The platform provides a solution for compliance recording, content monitoring, advanced clips creation and export, and more.
News categories: Actus Digital, Al Aan TV, Sima Levy, Cesar Eid, Digital TV, Middle-East, QoE, UAE
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Ateme provides encoding for Antina Televisión in Argentina
Nov 8, 2022 – Ateme has announced the implementation of its TITAN encoding solution for Antina Televisión, a provider of digital HD pay TV services in Argentina, delivering enhanced quality and density for 37 HD channels.
News categories: Ateme, Antina Televisión, Juan Manuel Altamirano, Alejandro Checchin, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Roku introduces The Roku Channel in Mexico
Oct 13, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of The Roku Channel in Mexico. The Roku Channel is a free streaming channel available on Roku devices that offers users access to thousands of movies and TV episodes.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, Mexico, Streaming
OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
Sep 27, 2022 – OpenAP has announced new programmatic interoperability of OpenID, its audience identifier. OpenID audiences can now be distributed for programmatic digital execution via integrations with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr.
News categories: OpenAP, FreeWheel, Magnite, Xandr, Chris LoRusso, Misha Williams, Matt McLeggon, Tom Koch, Esra Bacher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV