Digital TV News: NOW TV
Over half of Canadian TV streamers are watching ad-supported TV
Jan 19, 2023 – Roku has revealed results from a study examining Canadian TV streaming behaviours and trends. According to the report, 76% of Canadians are TV streamers and ad-supported TV is on the rise with 52% tuning in.
News categories: Roku, Christina Summers, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TalkTalk launches TV Hub powered by Android TV
Oct 17, 2022 – TalkTalk has launched a TV Hub powered by Android TV. The box offers over 70 live TV channels, catchup services including BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub with streaming & subscription services including Netflix, Prime Video and NOW TV.
News categories: TalkTalk, Vantiva, Susie Buckridge, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Now TV introduces 'Now H1' Android TV box
May 24, 2022 – Now TV (SEHK:6823) has launched Now H1, a smart device that runs on the Android TV OS and enables Now H1 users to enjoy a world of entertainment with Now TV movies, drama, sports and edutainment, as well as all their favourite personal apps from Google Play.
News categories: HKT, Google, Now TV, Derek Choi, Michael Yue, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q4 2021
Feb 17, 2022 – BARB has released data from its Establishment Survey for Q4 2021. In Q4 2021, the number of UK households with access to an SVOD service rose above 19 million for the first time to reach 19.1 million homes (66.9% of households).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting