Digital TV News: Nagra
NAGRA launches forensic watermarking to protect short content assets
Apr 22, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of NexGuard ClipMark, the industry’s only forensic watermarking technology designed to detect the source of pre-release content leaks on very short video clips, down to thirty seconds.
News categories: NAGRA, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
NAGRA launches NexGuard forensic watermarking on Akamai edge network
Apr 20, 2020 – NexGuard Streaming watermarking for OTT from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been integrated with Akamai. The integrated solution uses Akamai’s edge platform to bring an added level of anti-piracy enforcement and revenue protection to rights holders and content owners.
News categories: NAGRA, Akamai, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Amit Kasturia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
Jan 20, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Realtek Semiconductor (Taiwan: 2379.TW) and Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric have joined the NAGRA Android TV Fast Track program. This latest partnership will help enable Android TV based services for cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Realtek, Jiuzhou Electric, Maurice van Riek, Yee-Wei Huang, Richard Han, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
Nov 18, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that the new Swisscom Entertainment OS 4 STB is built on its far-field voice (FFV) IPTV reference design. The design integrates Synaptics' multimedia processor with FFV and a custom wake word to support Swisscom’s assistant.
News categories: Synaptics, Swisscom, Saleel Awsare, Peter Fregelius, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
Nov 13, 2019 – At the Android TV Bangkok Summit, INNOPIA officially announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV DVB-C Hybrid STB platform (IMT-M6900) based on its own DVB stack with Synaptics SoC and NAGRA Connect and Protect security clients.
News categories: INNOPIA, Synaptics, NAGRA, Netflix, HeeWon Park, Saleel Awsare, Maurice van Riek, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with KAON (KOSDAQ: KAONMEDIA), has announced that they are joining forces in a new streaming platform designed to accelerate time-to-market of Android TV-based services for pay-TV operators.
News categories: NAGRA, KAON, Maurice Van Riek, Edward Shin, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
Nov 5, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the extension of its content protection partnership with Openview in South Africa. NAGRA's cardless solutions will continue to secure eMedia, the operator’s Openview free-to-view satellite TV platform.
News categories: NAGRA, eMedia, Openview, Thierry Legrand, Antonio Lee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
Sep 13, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Montecable has deployed NAGRA's cloud-based Conax GO Live solution to enable new features for its pay-TV service in Uruguay, including Android TV support and video-on-demand (VOD).
News categories: NAGRA, Montecable, BOLD MSS, Tom Wirth, Federico Carballal, Ariel Droyeski, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform