Digital TV News: Nagravision
OpenTV and Nagravision file patent suit against Apple
Apr 9, 2014 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its OpenTV and Nagravision subsidiaries have filed a patent infringement suit against Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
News categories: Kudelski, Apple Inc, Middleware, Patent, Worldwide
Sigma Designs to launch ARM-based chipset family with HEVC at CES
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is to launch its HEVC-capable SMP8750 family at CES 2014. Combining HEVC with an ARM Cortex A9 CPU and an ARM Mali 400 GPU, the SMP8756 will offer a unique combination of performance, user experience and video quality.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase selects Sigma Designs SoC and HTTV Open Middleware for IPTV HDMI stick
Jan 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Novabase Digital TV Technologies has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its HbbTV-compliant HDMI-Stick IPTV STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, HTTV, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Regis Saint Girons, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming
Novabase chooses Sigma Designs media processor for turn-key set top box
Sep 13, 2013 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) has announced that Novabase has selected Sigma Designs' SMP8674 media processor for its next generation of Set Top Box (STB) products.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Novabase, Michael Pauli, Mustafa Ozgen, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ZTE Obtains Conditional Access Authorisation from Nagra
Oct 8, 2012 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has obtained Conditional Access authorisation from Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S), enabling the company to access and develop technology for digital television (DTV) services.
News categories: ZTE, Nagra, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Streaming, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
GMI selects httv HbbTV firmware for HD+ SmartTV STB for Germany
Aug 21, 2012 – At IBC 2012, httv will showcase the new GMI HD+ SmartTV Set Top Box. Working closely with leading German distributor COMAG, this product is targeting the HD+ Smart TV and will offer the HD+ channels but also access to Maxdome VOD service.
News categories: httv, GMI, COMAG, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, HbbTV, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski 2012 half year results released
Aug 21, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 half year results. Emerging markets sustained the Group's Digital TV business in the half. Once again, a strong demand for the Group's products in Latin America drove first half revenues.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way