Digital TV News: Naspers
Irdeto secures Russia's Orion Express
Jun 30, 2010 – Orion Express, the Russian satellite TV operator, has announced that it has eliminated card sharing piracy attacks to its direct to home (DTH) service by implementing a secure chipset solution from Irdeto (JSE: NPN).
News categories: Irdeto, Orion Express, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Multichoice Africa DTH reaches 1 million subscribers in 3Q09
Nov 26, 2009 – Naspers (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2009. In South Africa the base grew by 238,000 to 2,639,000 households. In the rest of sub-Saharan Africa the base grew by 114,000 to 1,030,000 homes.
News categories: Naspers, MultiChoice, Irdeto, Angola, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Naspers Limited Interim Results
Nov 26, 2008 – Naspers (JSE:NPN, LSE:NPSN) has announced its results for the six months ended September 2008. Pay-television (Multichoice) recorded exceptionally strong growth of 171,000 new subscribers. Irdeto shipped 8.3m units in 1H FY08.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Irdeto, Angola, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Irdeto Selected By Leading Taiwanese Media Operator To Secure Digital TV Migration For One Million Subscribers
Oct 28, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has signed a deal to deliver its latest DVB-C conditional access (CA) technology to Taiwan-based multi-system operator, Taiwan Fixed Network (TFN) Media, a subsidiary of Taiwan Mobile.
News categories: Irdeto, Taiwan Fixed Network, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Taiwan
Irdeto Leads Southeast Asia's Pay-TV Conditional Access Market
Oct 28, 2008 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has the largest market share of new pay-TV subscribers in Southeast Asia's conditional access (CA) market according to leading independent research firm Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Irdeto, Media Partners Asia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Thailand
Naspers Provisional Results for the Financial Year Ended 31 March 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Naspers (JSE: NPN) has reported a 19% increase in revenue to R20,5 billion. Over the period the total pay-TV subscriber base grew by 13% (246,000 additional equated homes) to 2,5 million subscribers under management.
News categories: Naspers, Angola, Cyprus, Digital TV, DVR, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Irdeto Showcases OMA BCAST Integration with LG Electronics
Feb 12, 2008 – Irdeto, a Naspers (JSE: NPN) subsidiary, will demonstrate the integration of its mobile TV conditional access (CA) solution based on the OMA BCAST standard with the latest mobile handsets from LG Electronics at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2008.
News categories: Irdeto, LG Electronics, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC21
[email protected] and MTN Select Irdeto to Secure Mobile Broadcast TV Services in the Ivory Coast
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced a deal to secure mobile broadcast TV services across the MTN Côte d'Ivoire network in the West African nation.
News categories: Irdeto, [email protected], MTN Côte d'Ivoire, CAM, Conditional Access, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC21
Irdeto Mobile TV Security Solution Now Available on Giesecke & Devrient Mobile TV microSD™ Cards
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), the world's second largest manufacturer of smart cards, have announced the successful integration of Irdeto's security solution on G&D's Mobile TV Card.
News categories: Irdeto, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC21
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil