Digital TV News: Neil Gaydon
Pace maps the road to the connected home at IBC 2011
Sep 6, 2011 – At IBC, Pace (LSE: PIC) will unveil its full portfolio of products and services for global broadcast and broadband markets, designed to give operators full control over how and when they innovate and develop their services.
News categories: Pace plc, IBC, Set Top Box
Pace Pioneers with New Media Gateway
Sep 1, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its Media Gateway. The Media Gateway, to be unveiled at IBC, is a smartbox that connects pay TV and broadband content with any screen in the home, opening up opportunities for operators to monetise OTT and on-demand content.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, IBC, Smart Home
Pace plc Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 2011
Jul 26, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the six months ended 30 June 2011. The Board has reaffirmed its May profit guidance of $150-170m for Full Year 2011.
News categories: Pace plc, Results, Set Top Box
Pace Reveals Digital Home at IBC 2010
Sep 10, 2010 – At IBC 2010 demonstrations from Pace (LSE:PIC) will include Pace's set-top box solutions, as deployed by many of the world's leading pay TV operators, its new capability in residential gateways and the latest advances in 'whole home convergence'.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace plc proposed acquisition of 2Wire, Inc.
Jul 26, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced the proposed acquisition of 2Wire for a cash consideration of $475 million (£308 million). The acquisition price is inclusive of 2Wire's balance sheet cash at closing, anticipated to be approximately $55 million.
News categories: Pace plc, 2Wire, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Pace Is Number One Pay TV STB Supplier
May 24, 2010 – Pace plc (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is now the world's largest supplier of set-top boxes to the pay TV industry. According to IMS Research, Pace shipped more set-top boxes (STBs) in 2009 than any other set-top box developer.
News categories: Pace plc, IMS Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland selects Pace to provide its first HD PVR
May 4, 2010 – Pace plc (LSE:PIC) has announced that the German pay TV operator, Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE), has chosen Pace to develop its new high definition (HD) PVR, the first product of this type to be deployed by Sky.
News categories: Pace plc, Sky Deutschland, Austria, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace announces agreement to acquire Bewan Systems
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that Pace France has signed a conditional agreement to acquire Bewan Systems SA, the Paris-based IP and cable gateways specialist. The consideration for the acquisition will not exceed €12.5 million.
News categories: Pace plc, Bewan Systems, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Router, Set Top Box
ASTRO selects Pace set-top box for Malaysia's first HD service
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the set-top box technology to support the launch of Malaysia's first high-definition (HD) service. ASTRO has selected Pace for the premium service, which launched in December 2009.
News categories: Pace plc, ASTRO TV, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor