Digital TV News: NeuLion
Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
Jan 14, 2019 – Endeavor has announced the formation of Endeavor Streaming, encompassing the company's video streaming products and services. NeuLion, acquired by Endeavor in 2018, will be absorbed within the new group alongside Endeavor's internally developed video platform technology.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, WWE, Nick Wilson, Will Staeger, Vince McMahon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
ViewLift integrates Alexa voice control into its Fire TV apps
Jun 12, 2018 – ViewLift has brought Alexa-based voice-activation to its video applications on Fire TV, by integrating Alexa Video Skill capabilities into its feature set. All of ViewLift's partners now can incorporate Alexa voice controls into their Fire TV applications.
News categories: ViewLift, Vishal Parikh, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
MainConcept HEVC/H.265 SDK supports NVIDIA NVENC encoding
Apr 4, 2018 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced that its subsidiary MainConcept GmbH is enabling hardware video encoding using NVIDIA NVENC technology in the 9th generation of its MainConcept HEVC/H.265 SDK
News categories: MainConcept, NVIDIA, Deacon Johnson, Bob Pette, Content Distribution, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NeuLion powers NOVA OTT in Bulgaria
Sep 15, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced a partnership with NOVA Broadcasting, a Bulgarian broadcaster, to launch an OTT service. The service – DIEMA XTRA PLAY - will deliver live linear channels and live events to viewers on multiple devices.
News categories: NeuLion, NOVA Broadcasting, Roy Reichbach, Dimitar Radev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
NeuLion to power Sky Sports Box Office OTT service
Sep 6, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that it is partnering with Sky Sports to power its Sky Sports Box Office OTT service. The NeuLion Digital Platform will power future, live pay-per-view events for Sky Sports Box Office.
News categories: NeuLion, Sky Sports, Roy Reichbach, David Gibbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NeuLion and Nokia partner for end-to-end VR streaming
Apr 21, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Nokia’s OZO Live and OZO Reality Platform, together with the NeuLion Digital Platform, will offer joint customers complete end-to-end production, delivery, monetization and play-back of VR content.
News categories: NeuLion, Nokia, Roy Reichbach, Tarif Sayed, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, VR, Worldwide
NeuLion launches ACE Analytics for OTT
Apr 18, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced the launch of its newly developed technology service, NeuLion ACE Analytics, which is now available to customers who have licensed the NeuLion Digital Platform.
News categories: NeuLion, Roy Reichbach, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
NeuLion and Insight TV form Ultra HD entertainment partnership
Dec 22, 2016 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced a partnership with global Ultra HD channel INsight TV, to launch an OTT Ultra HD Entertainment platform with native Ultra HD digital content powered by the NeuLion Digital Platform.
News categories: NeuLion, Insight TV, Roy Reichbach, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers