Digital TV News: NeuLion
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance and CTA to co-develop streaming media QoE guidelines
Sep 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance and the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) have announced its collaboration to develop industry-wide guidelines pertaining to streaming media Quality of Experience (QoE).
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Consumer Technology Association, Jason Thibeault, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Hisense to integrate DivX HEVC in its 4K Ultra HD TVs
May 27, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Hisense will integrate support for its DivX HEVC Ultra HD video playback into its 4K TV product portfolio.
News categories: NeuLion, Hisense, Kanaan Jemili, Erin Magee, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadcom cable SoCs DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD
Apr 13, 2015 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Broadcom's family of Ultra HD solutions has been DivX Certified for HEVC Ultra HD, enabling support for 4K video streaming on cable set-top boxes.
News categories: NeuLion, Broadcom, Kanaan Jemili, Joseph Del Rio, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Gartner Says Worldwide IPTV Subscriptions to Grow 64 Per Cent in 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – Worldwide subscriptions to internet Protocol television (IPTV) services are on pace to reach 19.6 million subscribers in 2008, a 64.1 per cent increase from 12 million subscribers in 2007, according to Gartner (NYSE: IT).
News categories: Gartner, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs