Digital TV News: Nickelodeon
Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
Nov 13, 2019 – Netflix and Nickelodeon have announced that they have made a deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as new IP - for kids and families around the world.
News categories: Netflix, Nickelodeon, Melissa Cobb, Brian Robbins, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
Feb 12, 2019 – Millennials and digital savvies continually switch between screens and platforms for their entertainment. With YUGO, Telenet is focusing on this specific target group with their YUGO app acting as the starting point for the overall TV experience.
News categories: Telenet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT, Smartphone
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues