Digital TV News: Nielsen
MYTV Broadcasting and Nielsen roll out TV audience measurement in East Malaysia
Jun 15, 2023 – Nielsen has announced the expansion, in coooperation with MYTV Broadcasting, of its panel coverage into East Malaysia, enabling a better understand of audiences outside Peninsular Malaysia.
News categories: Nielsen, MYTV Broadcasting, Arnaud Frade, Puan Azlina Mohd Yusof, Advertising, Digital TV, Malaysia
A+E Networks EMEA leverages Gracenote metadata distribution services
Jun 21, 2023 – A+E Networks EMEA is using Gracenote metadata, IDs and imagery to ensure that programming delivered by its FAST channels on Amazon Freevee in the UK can be easily discovered and watched by viewers.
News categories: Gracenote, A+E Networks, Vikram Kulkarni, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, UX
Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
Jun 6, 2023 – IAB Tech Lab has announced the creation of its Advanced TV Commit Group to lead the development of technology frameworks, technical standards and market strategy, to make every TV environment addressable.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Anthony Katsur, Ben Vandegrift, Jim Keller, Karen Chan, Ryan McConville, Scott L Brown, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Telly launches free dual screen Smart TV in the U.S.
May 15, 2023 – Telly has developed a TV combining a 55" 4K HDR display with a separate built-in Smart Screen. Telly has opened ordering for 500,000 free units that will begin shipping to U.S. consumers this summer.
News categories: Telly, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Nielsen solution measures content viewing across all device types
May 3, 2023 – Nielsen has introduced Nielsen ONE Content Alpha, delivering measurement of content viewing across all device types. Nielsen ONE Content uses Gracenote ID for entertainment content identification.
News categories: Nielsen, Deirdre Thomas, Jon Turner, Roberto Ruiz, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku and Instacart pair TV streaming data and online grocery delivery
Apr 26, 2023 – Roku (Nasdaq:ROKU) and Instacart have combined viewing data from Roku with insights from Instacart to measure whether streamers purchase products on Instacart after seeing an ad on the Roku platform.
News categories: Roku, Instacart, Alison Levin, Ali Miller, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Marketers are all-in on streaming despite questioning its effectiveness
Apr 26, 2023 – According to a report from Nielsen, 84% of marketers are including streaming in their media plannings, yet only 49% of survey respondents view OTT and CTV as effective advertising channels.
News categories: Nielsen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Media Distillery improves user experience at VodafoneZiggo
Apr 25, 2023 – Media Distillery has announced that VodafoneZiggo has implemented its EPG Correction Distillery to improve the user experience for its nearly 4 million video subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Media Distillery, VodafoneZiggo, Liberty Global, Roland Sars, Leo-Geert van den Berg, Chris van der Linden, Big Data, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Nielsen's U.S. TV audience measurement receives MRC accreditation
Apr 17, 2023 – Nielsen has met Media Rating Council (MRC) accreditation standards for its National TV Audience Measurement service, once again becoming the only such provider to be accredited by the MRC.
News categories: Nielsen, Media Rating Council, Karthik Rao, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029