Digital TV News: Nilo Mitra
Open IPTV Forum and HbbTV Association merge
Jun 17, 2014 – The members of the Open IPTV Forum and the HbbTV Association have announced that they have merged their future activities into a single organization within the legal structure of the HbbTV Association.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Open IPTV Forum, Nilo Mitra, Klaus Illgner, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, Worldwide
Open IPTV Forum publishes HTML5 profile for Connected TVs
Jun 4, 2013 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has published a profile of HTML5, CSS, DOM3 and other related web technologies aimed at connected TV services and devices that implement a browser-based application environment.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
OIPF publishes update to IPTV industry specifications
Jul 6, 2011 – The Open IPTV Forum has announced publication of an update to Release 2 of the global end-to-end Specifications for IPTV. Release 2 v2.1 is a major step forward for end-to-end interoperability within the IPTV ecosystem.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Apps, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Streaming
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December