Digital TV News: Nintendo
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
Jun 14, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced the latest addition to their Player SDK family, the Nintendo Switch SDK, becoming the first player to enable video streaming for the popular video game devices.
News categories: NexStreaming, Nintendo, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
Apr 14, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced the launch of the Crackle app on Comcast's Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex. For access, Xfinity customers can simply say 'Crackle' into the Xfinity Voice Remote.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Comcast, Philippe Guelton, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Crackle app to launch on Smart TVs powered by Vewd
Mar 10, 2021 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced that Crackle Plus has signed an agreement to launch the Crackle app on Smart TVs and set-top boxes powered by Vewd.
News categories: Crackle, Vewd, Philippe Guelton, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amazon takes lead as connected TV device sales hit new peak
Mar 9, 2021 – Global sales of connected TV devices soared to a record in Q4 2020, reaching 109.1 million units, according to Strategy Analytics. Amazon became market leader for the first time with a market share of 12.1%.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Edouard Bouffenie, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Record holiday sales of Connected TV devices predicted for Q4
Dec 17, 2020 – Global sales of connected TV devices are set to reach a new record this quarter as holiday demand and recovery from the impact of the pandemic drive sales to more than 111 million units, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Chirag Upadhyay, David Watkins, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Global TV streaming device population reaches 1.1 billion
Sep 2, 2020 – The global population of TV and video streaming devices has now exceeded 1.1 billion, according to Strategy Analytics. The research finds that Samsung is the leading brand, followed by Sony, LG, Hisense, TCL and Amazon.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting