Digital TV News: Nkom
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Verimatrix Helps NetUno Enhance Revenue Security and Extend Competitive Advantage
Apr 8, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Venezuelan telecommunications services operator NetUno has deployed on the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS) architecture to provide revenue security for its popular NetUno TV Digital broadcast service.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetUno, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Venezuela
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
DVB-C2 milestone at ANGA Cable 2011
Apr 26, 2011 – Visitors to this year's ANGA Cable will be able to see a DVB-C2 service received on the world's first-ever DVB-C2 prototype, IDTV TV with DVB-C2 tuner, from a leading brand CE manufacturer.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Four partners offer common IPTV complete solution
Apr 23, 2010 – BeeSmart, Blankom, TechnoTrend Görler and Verimatrix have announced their cooperation in the area of IPTV. The partners offer a complete IPTV solution from the headend to the receive terminal for small and mid-sized IP networks.
News categories: BeeSmart, Blankom, TechnoTrend, Verimatrix, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telekom Austria Has Success with Combi-Packages
Jan 15, 2009 – For the first time in 12 years Telekom Austria has seen growth in access line subscribers, due to combi-package sales. The development was also positive for aonTV with customer numbers rising from 10,930 at end-2007 to 63,800 at end-2008.
News categories: Telekom Austria, aonTV, Austria, IPTV, Subscribers
NexHorizons Chooses Blankom USA for Digital Headend Transition
Oct 8, 2008 – Blankom USA has announced that NexHorizon Communications (OTCBB:NXHZ) has chosen the Blankom turnkey digital cable television solution for its system in Chula Vista, CA.
News categories: Blankom, NexHorizon Communications, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement