Digital TV News: Nordig
VNTA deploys R&S AI-based TV compliance test automation system in Vietnam
May 6, 2020 – Rohde & Schwarz has installed an AI-based RF test system for digital TV compliance test at the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority. The system enables test labs and TV/STB manufacturers to conduct compliance tests in a more cost-effective manner.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, VNTA, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Nordig and Android 'P' compliance part of DTVKit’s latest software release
Oct 24, 2019 – DTVKit, in cooperation with OBS, has announced a new version of its suite of DTV software components. The October release includes updates to the DVB stack for Nordig compliance, changes to support Android 'Treble', and improvements to the CI Plus ECP reference stack.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
NorDig approves Unified Requirements v3.1
Oct 8, 2018 – NorDig has approved a new version of its specifications for digital TVs and STBs (IRDs). Among the novelties in the specification, NorDig Unified Requirements v3.1, is the addition of Next Generation Audio (NGA) for HEVC based services.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Terrestrial
HbbTV Association welcomes NorDig’s adoption of HbbTV 2
Feb 15, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has applauded NorDig for releasing specifications to support the adoption of HbbTV 2. The update represents the first steps by the region to move from HbbTV1.5 to HbbTV 2.
News categories: HbbTV Association, NorDig, Klaus Illgner, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Ireland, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Ruutu HbbTV 1.5 online video service launched in Finland
Aug 13, 2015 – A collaboration between Nelonen Media, Digita and Sofia Digital has brought the online video service 'Ruutu' to the Finnish terrestrial TV network. Viewers tuned to the Digita network with an HbbTV 1.5 activated receiver have been able to use the service since June 24th.
News categories: Nelonen Media, Digita, Sofia Digital, Ruutu, Kai Taka-Aho, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Terrestrial
Siano launches smallest integrated DVB-T2 receiver chip
Mar 2, 2015 – Siano has announced the launch of SMS4430, a new multi-standard digital TV receiver chip designed for mobile/portable consumer electronics applications. The SMS4430 is a lower-cost, smaller-size, lower power-consumption version of Siano’s SMS4470.
News categories: Siano, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear ships over 10 million DVB-T2 tuners
Nov 3, 2014 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that it has sold more than 10 million DVB-T2 tuners globally. MaxLinear has seen sales from all markets that use the DVB-T2 standard, including countries in Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa, as well as in Russia.
News categories: MaxLinear, Brian Sprague, DVB-T2, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Samsung Electro-Mechanics selects AltoBeam demodulator ICs
Nov 3, 2014 – AltoBeam has announced that Samsung Electro-Mechanics (SEMCO) has selected AltoBeam's ATBM7811B and ATBM7812B demodulator chips, for SEMCO's tuner modules supporting the reception of DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S digital television broadcasting.
News categories: AltoBeam, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Dr. Steve Chaohuang Zeng, Jack Jun, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Cubiware CubiTV middleware licensed by Vodafone Iceland
May 20, 2014 – Cubiware and Sofia Digital, its Value Added Reseller, have announced the signing of a middleware licensing agreement with Vodafone Iceland. The agreement licenses the operator to deploy CubiTV on Vodafone Iceland set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Cubiware, Sofia Digital, Vodafone, Mika Kanerva, Maciej Grzonkowski, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5