Digital TV News: Nuance Communications
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Nuance' Dragon TV grows to one billion consumer interactions per month
Sep 13, 2018 – At IBC, Nuance Communications has announced that users are now interacting with its Dragon TV platform more than one billion times per month, demonstrating increasing affinity for voice-powered control in the home.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Adam Thibault, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, UX, Worldwide
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Nuance brings voice to Virgin Media cable TV in Ireland
Nov 9, 2017 – Liberty Global has integrated Nuance’s voice technology to allow Virgin Media subscribers in Ireland to search and access films and TV channels by simply clicking the microphone icon located in the Virgin Media TV Anywhere App and speaking into their smartphone microphone.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Virgin Media, Mark Giesbers, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Smartphone, UX
Nuance and UEI bring conversational interface to yes DBS in Israel
Sep 19, 2017 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ:NUAN) and Universal Electronics (UEI) (NASDAQ:UEIC) have announced that they power the first conversational interface for Pay TV in Israel for yes. yes will launch their first voice-powered remote control in September 2017.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Universal Electronics, 'yes', Dan Faulkner, Menno Koopmans, Itzhak Elyakim, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, UX
Nuance Dragon TV powers Orange TV mobile app in France
Sep 8, 2016 – Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology is powering the Orange France Orange TV experience with its mobile app for Android and iOS, delivering the first voice-enabled trans-service IPTV experience in France.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Orange, Kenn Harper, Christian Bombrun, Apps, Digital TV, France, Mobile, UX
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
Nuance Dragon TV to Voice Enable Panasonic Digital TVs
Feb 27, 2012 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its voice technologies were adopted on Panasonic (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) digital TVs to deliver an intuitive and interactive experience with digital program guides.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Panasonic, Middleware, MWC22, Smart TV
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes